Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y LR delays?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered on 10/13/21 MYLR white/white, 19" Gemini, 7 seats, tow. I just got my vin today and its from Fremont, CA. The last update I got said April 10. So I called Tesla and told them to release my vin # and I will wait for the next one. They said that it could be 2 weeks to 2 months. but i'm fine with that, I would rather a Texas Car.
(She said they are about 2 weeks from shipping Texas cars)
I would not take that as gospel.

Ordered on 10/13/21 MYLR white/white, 19" Gemini, 7 seats, tow. I just got my vin today and its from Fremont, CA. The last update I got said April 10. So I called Tesla and told them to release my vin # and I will wait for the next one. They said that it could be 2 weeks to 2 months. but i'm fine with that, I would rather a Texas Car.
(She said they are about 2 weeks from shipping Texas cars)
What features are you personally holding out for?

I plan to pay cash upfront. Am interested in how others did this. My window starts next week but the SA says end of May Beginning JUNE Is most likely.
Same I had 17th or 19th but can’t do either and no other options.

Have texted and emailed Tesla to ask for the address for the wire transfer. I googled Tesla Motors Canada ULC and an address showed up but want to make sure when I’m sending $85k!

So the address is the one found via google search for Tesla Motors Canada ULC.

1325 Lawrence Ave E, North York, ON M3A 1C6, Canada

What I don’t get is if I can’t make it to pick up the car on the only 2 days they gave me this month am I screwed??

For folks that have picked up a Y or 3 in the last few weeks, are they including the plug/adapters with them still? I know they pulled something out of new cars but not sure if that was grandfathered, I hope it was.

Had to go to Lee Valley tools yesterday in Woodbridge, which is pretty close to the Vaughan Tesla dealership. There were a bunch of new Model Y and 3's in the parking lot there waiting for new owners. Wonder if the blue one was mine as I have a pick up scheduled for Saturday morn.

Had to go to Lee Valley tools yesterday in Woodbridge, which is pretty close to the Vaughan Tesla dealership. There were a bunch of new Model Y and 3's in the parking lot there waiting for new owners. Wonder if the blue one was mine as I have a pick up scheduled for Saturday morn.
I was there yesterday dropping off my license plates for my M3P delivery later this week. My MSM 3 had landed earlier that day, it was parked next to a blue 3 with 19s. Couple new X's there as well.

I was there yesterday dropping off my license plates for my M3P delivery later this week. My MSM 3 had landed earlier that day, it was parked next to a blue 3 with 19s. Couple new X's there as well.
Hmmm…forgot about license plates as in the past when I’ve bought a new car the dealer got the plates

Do I need to get new plates myself?

Picked mine up Saturday. Just a suggestion, but check the wheel alignment when you pick up With mine you had to keep the wheel very slightly turned to the right for it to go straight (was most obviously when you straightened out the wheel that it would turn the car left).

Reason I say to watch out, I took it back to the SC and they gave me a loaner Y LR while they aligned mine. The loaner had the exact same issue and found a thread on this forum where others have had similar issues with recently delivered Ys, maybe a spec issue at the factory.

Last edited: