Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y LR EDD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My OOD is Jan 5, 2022 for MYLR, MSM + TOW . My EDD in the app just changed to Nov 2022 to Feb 2023, the exact same as if I ordered the car today. Can't tesla provide a reasonable expectation of when this will arrive? I do not want to have to buy new winter tires for my wife's X1 when the MY was supposed to replace it.
The buying experience is just completely lacking, I'm honestly thinking of just cancelling my order and ordering a BMW iX if I have to wait another 7 more months,

Yeah their EDD system will change countless times over the course of your reservation. It's frustrating but unfortunately all you can do is wait it out. I ordered my Model 3 Performance in early March with a May delivery window. My dates jumped out to July at one point. I ended up getting it in May in the end.

My OOD is Jan 5, 2022 for MYLR, MSM + TOW . My EDD in the app just changed to Nov 2022 to Feb 2023, the exact same as if I ordered the car today. Can't tesla provide a reasonable expectation of when this will arrive? I do not want to have to buy new winter tires for my wife's X1 when the MY was supposed to replace it.
The buying experience is just completely lacking, I'm honestly thinking of just cancelling my order and ordering a BMW iX if I have to wait another 7 more months,
My sister-in-law has a Jan 2022 YLR order as well, same spec as yours, tow hitch as well which significantly cut down delivery date when it was ordered. She says her date just changed to Nov 22nd to Feb 23. Prior to that it was bouncing between August 28th to October 9th and September 10th to October 22nd.

Based on what I've been seeing here, that doesn't look too far off tbh, I'm also waiting for a MYLR and my OOD is early November while the EDD is September - October. So let's hope Tesla is sandbagging and ends up delivering our cars earlier than that.

yes, mine changed as well, will just cancel the order and get BMW IX. Not waiting over a year for a model Y that was originally scheduled to come in July when the order was placed. Should have just ordered the bimmer from the start instead of messing around with Tesla when they can't provide a straight date.
This Dec 22-March 23 is the same date that shows on the website for a brand new order, so Tesla says someone ordering their car 5 months after I did will receive it at the same time as me.

Last edited:
yes, mine changed as well, will just cancel the order and get BMW IX. Not waiting over a year for a model Y that was originally scheduled to come in July when the order was placed. Should have just ordered the bimmer from the start instead of messing around with Tesla when they can't provide a straight date.
This Dec 22-March 23 is the same date that shows on the website for a brand new order, so Tesla says someone ordering their car 5 months after I did will receive it at the same time as me.
I'll buy your reservation from you if you are serious!

literally exact same thing.. what the heck.

We also had a MYLR OOD October '21 and the original EDD was April '22. Then as time went on the EDD just kept getting pushed and pushed. Last Thursday we noticed it was pushed another month yet again to October/November 2022. So we emailed and changed our order to a MYP last Friday. On the following Sunday we were already issued a vin (460415) and a delivery date of June 20-23. We probably lucked out on a cancellation or something, regardless we are happy. The long range models seem ridiculous. We are in the Toronto area.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
We also had a MYLR OOD October '21 and the original EDD was April '22. Then as time went on the EDD just kept getting pushed and pushed. Last Thursday we noticed it was pushed another month yet again to October/November 2022. So we emailed and changed our order to a MYP last Friday. On the following Sunday we were already issued a vin (460415) and a delivery date of June 20-23. We probably lucked out on a cancellation or something, regardless we are happy. The long range models seem ridiculous. We are in the Toronto area.
I've got a MYP with EDD June 15 - June 29. Still no VIN.

What date did you get the VIN?

My
Back to October 22nd now...

I've got a MYP with EDD June 15 - June 29. Still no VIN.

What date did you get the VIN?
We can't remember. But you probably already have a vin. Log into your account. Then click on the MVPA document. It should be in that PDF.
Did you get the pricing for the MYP which was in place when you placed your order?
Not sure if this question was to me. They gave us old pricing from last october for this upgrade.