Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y LR RWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know why it has taken so long for me to discover this platform of owners / it's my first time here :) , but for context I have two orders for a model Y: LR RWD and LR AWD.

I was checking some of the info on each of the cars, and to my surprise there is now an estimated delivery time of 2-6 weeks on my RWD? I had placed my other order because I kept being told that the LR RWD would not be produced anytime soon even though they took reservations for it, so now I have 2 cars that are estimating a delivery...

Do any other LR RWD reservation holders have any updates like this to their account?

I don't know why it has taken so long for me to discover this platform of owners / it's my first time here :) , but for context I have two orders for a model Y: LR RWD and LR AWD.

I was checking some of the info on each of the cars, and to my surprise there is now an estimated delivery time of 2-6 weeks on my RWD? I had placed my other order because I kept being told that the LR RWD would not be produced anytime soon even though they took reservations for it, so now I have 2 cars that are estimating a delivery...

Do any other LR RWD reservation holders have any updates like this to their account?
I have a SR RWD. Mine has said "2 - 6 weeks" for ages. I hope that isn't the placeholder for orders to cancel?

Upvote 0
Model Y LR RWD 7 Seater - Day 1 reservation. I’m seeing “Your delivery is on hold” message on my reservation. Anyone else seeing it? Note: no official word on Model Y LR RWD yet anywhere..

Attachments

• F8DA6345-7A52-49F5-BFC0-E8EA12BB3A27.jpeg
    F8DA6345-7A52-49F5-BFC0-E8EA12BB3A27.jpeg
    248.1 KB · Views: 232
Upvote 0
I'm really happy to find this forum filled with individuals like myself who aren't afraid to admit they check their EDD a few times a day!😁

Ordered MYP 7/19. MSM/ White interior and tow. Yesterday (Friday 8/7) EDD was 8/8-8/28. Just checked this morning and it's 8/9-8/22. Do you all think I'm close to getting a VIN? My SA had sent a text a few days after ordering that it would be Sept/Oct build due to high demand.

Upvote 0
I had the same hold on my LR RWD reservation and went ahead and clicked “I’m Ready” thinking it would just bring me into my configuration, but it executed my order. I’m fine with that if this is actually going to be built, but has anyone spoken with Tesla to confirm this is a real order in progress or are we going to get calls telling us sorry that that the RWD is not going to be made and asking us to convert to AWD or they will refund our deposit?

I‘ve been holding out for RWD, but haven‘t seen any indication that they are building this for our market. Would be awesome if this is the real deal, but why no noise about it on the EV sites?

Upvote 0
I had the same hold on my LR RWD reservation and went ahead and clicked “I’m Ready” thinking it would just bring me into my configuration, but it executed my order. I’m fine with that if this is actually going to be built, but has anyone spoken with Tesla to confirm this is a real order in progress or are we going to get calls telling us sorry that that the RWD is not going to be made and asking us to convert to AWD or they will refund our deposit?

I‘ve been holding out for RWD, but haven‘t seen any indication that they are building this for our market. Would be awesome if this is the real deal, but why no noise about it on the EV sites?
CS keeps telling they have no idea about LR RWD. What you mean by “Executed order”?

Upvote 0
CS keeps telling they have no idea about LR RWD. What you mean by “Executed order”?
By clicking the ‘I’m Ready” button my reservation became an order. Says Prepare for delivery - Next Steps - “As your delivery date approaches, we’ll contact you to confirm your registration, payment method and, if applicable, trade-in details.” No ETA given.

Upvote 0
By clicking the ‘I’m Ready” button my reservation became an order. Says Prepare for delivery - Next Steps - “As your delivery date approaches, we’ll contact you to confirm your registration, payment method and, if applicable, trade-in details.” No ETA given.

I had that same order of events earlier this year as well before I finally cancelled it. General consensus was that it didn't mean anything. I don't know only a few folks during a certain period of time (a day or two) was able to do so

Upvote 0
I had that same order of events earlier this year as well before I finally cancelled it. General consensus was that it didn't mean anything. I don't know only a few folks during a certain period of time (a day or two) was able to do so
Yeah, I’m not super hopeful that anything will come of it. Guessing I’ll be forced into moving forward with an AWD or they will just cancel my order. They could have just let the rez keep sitting or push me to make a decision. Why make it appear my order is being fulfilled?

Upvote 0
Just read this post and can confirm that my order is in the same situation (5 seat MY LR RWD).
I decide to not click the "I'm ready" since I don't know what would happen. The word is "If your circumstances have changed and you’re now ready to take delivery", but my circumstances have not been changed, probably.
Anyway based on all the news or rumors, I actually hope that if there's LR RWD, it's 4680 cell version, not the rumored version from Shanghai with current cell, or be changed to AWD somehow (I don't see my order page indicating mine is LR RWD anymore, which is concerning). Therefore I don't want to rush but continue playing the waiting game.

Upvote 0
Just read this post and can confirm that my order is in the same situation (5 seat MY LR RWD).
I decide to not click the "I'm ready" since I don't know what would happen. The word is "If your circumstances have changed and you’re now ready to take delivery", but my circumstances have not been changed, probably.
Anyway based on all the news or rumors, I actually hope that if there's LR RWD, it's 4680 cell version, not the rumored version from Shanghai with current cell, or be changed to AWD somehow (I don't see my order page indicating mine is LR RWD anymore, which is concerning). Therefore I don't want to rush but continue playing the waiting game.
I’m also going to do the waiting game as I’m not in a hurry.
However, it should be noted that MIC models have better build quality than Made in the USA. I wouldn’t bother about where it’s being made. It could even be from Made in Germany (coincides with October production timeline). Who knows.

I believe it’ll be out soon. Fingers crossed!!

Upvote 0
I’m also going to do the waiting game as I’m not in a hurry.
However, it should be noted that MIC models have better build quality than Made in the USA. I wouldn’t bother about where it’s being made. It could even be from Made in Germany (coincides with October production timeline). Who knows.

I believe it’ll be out soon. Fingers crossed!!
I don't mind where it is made either. We have no idea of the build quality from TX yet but I think the CA one probably has the worst quality. I more care about whether it has new cell and other (unknown) upcoming updates, which is more like MY 2.0 version.

Upvote 0