Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y LR RWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know why it has taken so long for me to discover this platform of owners / it's my first time here :) , but for context I have two orders for a model Y: LR RWD and LR AWD.

I was checking some of the info on each of the cars, and to my surprise there is now an estimated delivery time of 2-6 weeks on my RWD? I had placed my other order because I kept being told that the LR RWD would not be produced anytime soon even though they took reservations for it, so now I have 2 cars that are estimating a delivery...

Do any other LR RWD reservation holders have any updates like this to their account?

When my MYSR order was lifted from hold on 7/1/21, I saw the EDD as 2 - 6 Weeks.
After 7 weeks, the EDD disappeared.
Contacted the local TESLA SC, and they were marketing to make me switch to LR / P.

I have placed a new order instead - for MYLR AWD (on 9/11), however would retain my previous MYSR order - no changes will be made whatsoever, I want to wait and watch.

As of today, my original MYSR order which had expired credit, I saw an update after logging in - which asked me to re-apply for credit. which is done. I look forward further to see what it leads to.

PS: My original MYSR order (Jan 2021) always had a generic 2-6 Weeks as EDD which is consistent with all RWD orders.
Consider your order date a 10/5, as on this day, you were placed in line and anticipate your delivery.

Upvote 0
Screen Shot 2021-12-03 at 7.41.34 AM.png
Just got this on my account.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure what you guys expect to accomplish.... I mean, Tesla no longer makes the SR and doesn't seem to have a plan for a LR RWD at this time (and I think Elon has even said they aren't going to make it). Do you expect them to keep your orders active and if - a big if in my mind - they eventually decide to bring back the SR or make the LR RWD, honor the prices at the time you ordered? I mean, right now, deliveries for the LR AWD are almost into the 4Q of 2022, and even after Austin comes on line, they will be busy converting Fremont to support the 4680's or make only M3's or expand MS/X production or....

Tesla is actively cancelling orders for cars they ARE making that are deferred too many times. I'd expect the same with any SR/LR RWD orders at some point.

Reactions: voxel
Upvote 0
As a long-time MY LR RWD reservation holder, thought Elon would treat its customers nicely for their loyalty. That might not be the case since Tesla will simply just cancel their orders without honoring at least the FSD price. Fortunately, competition is revving up and customers will have choices. Despite near-term order surge, when the tide recedes Tesla will regret that the long-time reservation holders can go to its competition. (BTW, FSD will never materialize w/o hands on the wheel - if you don't believe it, try driving in Philly where every lane could end unexpectedly or force you to a different curve, even I as a human do not have enough "AI" to handle it as it's always too late by the time you (or FSD) "recognize" it (map doesn't help either as road construction would distort it)).

Upvote 0