Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y LR vs P comfort

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there!

So we are waiting for our MY LR with the 20" wheels.

We chose the LR in order to get a bit more comfort and range out of the Model Y. I've spoken to the Tesla support who said that Performance might be a bit more stiff and bumpy since it has the 21" wheels and lowered suspension.
All fine, we made our decision based on that info and I was a happy camper.

But now when I read different reviews and groups on Facebook a number of people say that the Perfomance is less noisy and more comfortable and that the LR is a bad choice if you want extra comfort?!

I don't get it, how could a lowered car with bigger wheels be better in that regard, I guess they really must have upped their game with the P?

I just feel really stupid now and have quite some buyers remorse if that is the case.

Has anyone here driven both the 2022 LR and P that could give an honest opinion? One person that I asked said that he compared a -22 P to a -20 LR and he claimed that "Tesla has since then tweaked the LR suspension to make it better, so there is a chance that the new LR might be better in that regard".

Have I made the wrong decision here?

I spoke with a person from Germany yesterday that had two MYLR. One delivered august last year and the other he got in may this year. He said that the new one is much better when it comes to the suspension and comfort while driving over the same uneven road.

He claims that Tesla implemented changes to the MYLR starting from march this year and that the "new" LR is very much like the P. But if you compare it with the "old" LR then the P might seem more comfortable. Go figure.

Upvote 0
Hi there!

So we are waiting for our MY LR with the 20" wheels.

We chose the LR in order to get a bit more comfort and range out of the Model Y. I've spoken to the Tesla support who said that Performance might be a bit more stiff and bumpy since it has the 21" wheels and lowered suspension.
All fine, we made our decision based on that info and I was a happy camper.

But now when I read different reviews and groups on Facebook a number of people say that the Perfomance is less noisy and more comfortable and that the LR is a bad choice if you want extra comfort?!

I don't get it, how could a lowered car with bigger wheels be better in that regard, I guess they really must have upped their game with the P?

I just feel really stupid now and have quite some buyers remorse if that is the case.

Has anyone here driven both the 2022 LR and P that could give an honest opinion? One person that I asked said that he compared a -22 P to a -20 LR and he claimed that "Tesla has since then tweaked the LR suspension to make it better, so there is a chance that the new LR might be better in that regard".

Have I made the wrong decision here?
I have two LR Model Y’s. One is a 2022 and the other is a 2023. Both have 19” wheels. The 2023 is definitely a smoother ride. The ride is so much better than my 2022 I am going to change the shocks at a Tesla approved mechanic on the 2022. I will contact Tesla first to make sure the new shocks will not void my warranty.

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2
Upvote 0
I enjoy the ride in my 22 MYP, it is not bad at all. As someone above mentioned it definitely feels "tight" and performance oriented as the name suggests but not overbearing, it absorbs bumps pretty well. It is honestly well balanced for a car that has no dampening adjustment. You only have the ability to change the stiffness in the steering wheel and acceleration feel. Plush is not what comes to mind though if I am being honest, I think you are looking at the wrong car if you want plush. Overall it is a comfortable daily driver.

Upvote 0