Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - MATRIX LED HEADLIGHTS?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a visible difference between matrix and non matrix headlights?
Just picked up my MYLR and according to Reddit guy mine has them.

Attachments

• IMG_2555.jpeg
    IMG_2555.jpeg
    386.3 KB · Views: 282
Is there a visible difference between matrix and non matrix headlights?
Just picked up my MYLR and according to Reddit guy mine has them.
Easiest way to know for sure

Park your car 1 car length from a flat wall, wait until dark, go to the toolbox and start the lightshow mode, where it flashes the lamps, opens the trunk and the charge port and windows.

Look at the wall....If the lamps spells TESLA on the wall you have matrix, if they only shine "normal" light, then you do not.

Easiest way to know for sure

Park your car 1 car length from a flat wall, wait until dark, go to the toolbox and start the lightshow mode, where it flashes the lamps, opens the trunk and the charge port and windows.

Look at the wall....If the lamps spells TESLA on the wall you have matrix, if they only shine "normal" light, then you do not.
That’s way more work and takes way longer than just looking at the headlights. It’s pretty obvious. Projector lens = matrix. No projector lens = reflector.

Reactions: dguitarnut
I've not seen any announcements nor does the Dallas Service shop have any prediction on the the use of the matrix headlights for the design purpose.
ISTR i saw somewhere a hack to do things with them, but can't find it now. Sounds like a good theory, though.
For the record, my Nov 2021 Model3 LR has the matrix headlights.