Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y mats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just posted this on another thread...
I just got my Lloyd Luxe mats today. They aren't "all-weather", but they are really nice. I'd agree that the stock mats aren't bad at all. The luxe are just more plush (not like shag carpeting or anything), and the are rubber backed. The white stitching looks great too!

Oddly, it’s the mats in my new Y that are the only letdown. Otherwise, pretty satisfied with the car. I honestly don’t know why I should care, but these mats seem pretty low grade after paying a luxury car price for the car. Anyone else feel this way? I feel like an upgrade is needed here, though I don’t need all-weather mats in my temperate climate. Any suggestions?

Oddly, it’s the mats in my new Y that are the only letdown. Otherwise, pretty satisfied with the car. I honestly don’t know why I should care, but these mats seem pretty low grade after paying a luxury car price for the car. Anyone else feel this way? I feel like an upgrade is needed here, though I don’t need all-weather mats in my temperate climate. Any suggestions?
I feel exactly the same. I don't want all-weather mats. Sometimes on long trips, I take my shoes off and I like to feel "at home"

The whole interior of the car is boring. but I knew that before I bought it. I have a carbon fiber steering wheel coming with a leather horn cover and red stitching. I'm also going to replace the wood dash with a carbon replacement (not the stick-on type). I just want to do a few little things to make the car nicer. I'm not going to replace the entire interior with carbon LOL I know it'll never be as pretty as my past merc, but I want to make it a little nicer.

All that said, the last thing I feel it needs is better floor mats. Not all-weather, something classy. But the diamond mats I see all over the internet are too much haha I'm trying to find something in between but so far no luck

Reactions: pepperoni
I feel exactly the same. I don't want all-weather mats. Sometimes on long trips, I take my shoes off and I like to feel "at home"

The whole interior of the car is boring. but I knew that before I bought it. I have a carbon fiber steering wheel coming with a leather horn cover and red stitching. I'm also going to replace the wood dash with a carbon replacement (not the stick-on type). I just want to do a few little things to make the car nicer. I'm not going to replace the entire interior with carbon LOL I know it'll never be as pretty as my past merc, but I want to make it a little nicer.

All that said, the last thing I feel it needs is better floor mats. Not all-weather, something classy. But the diamond mats I see all over the internet are too much haha I'm trying to find something in between but so far no luck
The stock OEM carpet mats are no worse than any other OEM provides. Heck, the mats in my prior Lexus GX460 were just as thin. I need some "all weather" protection here in Idaho, but these LDCRS mats from Amazon fit the bill nicely while not looking like a rubber truck mat.

Mats.jpg

The stock OEM carpet mats are no worse than any other OEM provides. Heck, the mats in my prior Lexus GX460 were just as thin. I need some "all weather" protection here in Idaho, but these LDCRS mats from Amazon fit the bill nicely while not looking like a rubber truck mat.

View attachment 785650
What is the material in those mats? They look sharp. Just trying to avoid anything hard and rubbery.

I don’t know about stock mats for other luxury cars being no better. Heck, the Outback Limited I’m leaving has fairly high quality cloth mats, much nicer than the Tesla ones for a car that is a fraction of the price. A minor thing, I know…

I came from a merc GLC43 which was roughly same size but $10k less. While I don't expect the tesla interior to be as fancy as the merc, the floormats could be a little better. They add a lot to the interior:

s-l1600.jpg

View attachment 785650
Good to know the LDCRS fit the bill. They look great in your MY. I bought some when they were on sales for Black Friday. Only issue is, still waiting for my MY, so they are sitting in the garage. Glad I didn't waste the money.

What is the material in those mats? They look sharp. Just trying to avoid anything hard and rubbery.

I don’t know about stock mats for other luxury cars being no better. Heck, the Outback Limited I’m leaving has fairly high quality cloth mats, much nicer than the Tesla ones for a car that is a fraction of the price. A minor thing, I know…
I'm not exactly sure what the material is. They are definitely some sort of synthetic nylon over a foam core. Not super heavy like the rubber all weather mats. I went with the LDCRS because they are exactly like the Maxspider 3D mats, but without that fugly logo. The rear mat is all one piece and fits perfectly.

Living in Minnesota means I have never actually used stock carpeted mats in any car. I don't really remember what the MY's stock mats are like, but I remember being unimpressed by the looks of the Tesla rubber mats in a friend's MY before I ordered my car. So for my MYP I initially got a set of Taptes all-weather mats, which are fine but nothing special, but I replaced them with a set of Tuxmats a couple of months ago and have been really happy with them.

Good to know the LDCRS fit the bill. They look great in your MY. I bought some when they were on sales for Black Friday. Only issue is, still waiting for my MY, so they are sitting in the garage. Glad I didn't waste the money.
Amazon is selling these for $180 today. If I hold out until Black Friday what would I expect to pay? (Strange, isn’t it? I drop $60K on a car then try to finagle a way to save $20 on mats.)

Amazon is selling these for $180 today. If I hold out until Black Friday what would I expect to pay? (Strange, isn’t it? I drop $60K on a car then try to finagle a way to save $20 on mats.)
I paid $156. Ya, funny how I have been price shopping for my accessories. Only 3 items to go, but still no car. Once I take delivery, then will see what else to get. These mats where the first