Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y **Mid-Range?**

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, the next painfully obvious question that was already answered last night at least *initially* is that there is no Mid-Range Y planned.
I certainly believe, with the newly released SRM3 and the S+M3, they could definitely add in a Mid-Range MY and aim for a 42k or 43k middle of the road variant.
They have the batteries already available from Giga, so I think the 47 is still a good price for LR, but it may still be a bit much for many folks.
Thoughts?
I know I would like to see that Mid-Range Variant.

Other than that... my wife and I are going to continue to save our pennies, and I will be 'transferring' my 1k Model 3 deposit to a MY... or I'll ask to cancel the M3 rezzy and keep the cash until I'm ready to order a MY.

Thanks all!

Mark

2021 will be the year of the 400+ mile range Tesla Model 3 and Y. Can you wait that long? Or just get a Model 3 midrange now and trade it in in 2021 for a Model Y?

Yeah, we can wait. the MRM3 is just the ticket but with my wife's car's payment we are waiting to save so we don't have 2 car payments, so either way I wasn't jumping on an M3 now anyway, but the price of the MRM3 was just the ticket!
But now with the bigger MY, I will wait. Plus, I'd anticipate that the prices would also drop a bit until production begins and the the SRMY rolls out in 2021... so it will be a tough wait but it'll be worth it. Just more time to save!

Now, I consider myself to be an avid consumer of Telsa News, but where did I miss that the ranges would be expanded that much by 2021?
I know battery tech will obviously be better than it is now, but did I miss that story somewhere?

Maybe Tesla will roll out the Y the way they did the 3.

First will be long range premium equipped. Expensive, but necessary for them to recoup costs of development.
Then Mid range as a lower cost alternative to the full boat models.
Then Standard range to bring in the volumes necessary for world domination.