Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model y mud flaps now available from tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who might have experience with the model 3 flaps, are these all that is needed to protect or should I do the PPF kit they sell as well? I live in Ohio and am mostly worried about occasional road salt.

This is great! I had them on my Model 3 but found them super low to the ground. Could you please post a picture once installed? I’d love to see if they gave these a bit more clearance than the Model 3 flaps. Cheers guys!

This is great! I had them on my Model 3 but found them super low to the ground. Could you please post a picture once installed? I’d love to see if they gave these a bit more clearance than the Model 3 flaps. Cheers guys!

Trim them. I had them installed on my Model 3, and they were too low to the ground (and would rub even on speed bumps). I took a pair of scissors and rounded the edges and trimmed off an inch or 2 (don't recall exactly) from the bottom.

Reactions: RareJ
Acceptance is the first step to recovery; however, the attempt to rectify the issue is half baked. Tesla has acknowledged - although not explicitly - there's a problem with rocks destroying the fenders and rocker panels by recently releasing paint protection film and mudflaps. These aren't post hoc accessories. These accessories should be on each vehicle that rolls off the assembly line in Fremont or wherever they're building Model Y these days. My MYP has about 1,800 miles on it and I'm already seeing light damage near the rear fenders/doors on both sides. I can only imagine what it will look like at 25,000 miles.