Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y MVPA Miscellaneous Fees

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those that have gone through the ordering and delivery process, is Tesla still applying line items on the MVPA such as Tire Fee, Battery Fee, etc.? Any other common line items on the MVPA besides Registration/Transfer/Titling Fees?

If someone could upload a copy of their Model Y that shows all the miscellaneous fees listed, that would be appreciated. Thank you

Yes, I have all kinds of fees.

upload_2020-3-30_15-0-13.png

• Informative
Reactions: E Dizzle
That sounds about right. Idk why there is a tire fee and registration service fee honestly. I guess the Registration part of "Registration/Transfer/Titling Fees" are from the DMV and the "Service Fee" is for tesla putting in the effort to get it registered? And what could possibly be happening with the Tire Fee? Are they charging me $4 to have tires put on/balanced? Seems like bogus fee's to me, but its only a few bucks so I wont fight it.

That sounds about right. Idk why there is a tire fee and registration service fee honestly. I guess the Registration part of "Registration/Transfer/Titling Fees" are from the DMV and the "Service Fee" is for tesla putting in the effort to get it registered? And what could possibly be happening with the Tire Fee? Are they charging me $4 to have tires put on/balanced? Seems like bogus fee's to me, but its only a few bucks so I wont fight it.

The tire fee to my understanding is applied to all states for purposes of "tire recycling". That fee is unfortunately legitimate as it's a flat $1 per tire in PA which is among the lowest in the US. Other states charge based on rim size that go up.

Looking closer at the PA DMV fees, I can get close to the $124 in legitimate fees. It's actually $73 to record a lien (loan) on the title versus $50 for title alone. Then you have the flat $36 registration fee, and $9 for a plate transfer from your old car to the new one. I get to $118 with those three fees added together.

And yeah, no idea where their "service fee" comes into play. Must be their effort to do it for you since PA is one of only two states that Tesla does all the registration/title paperwork on the customer's behalf.

Registering Your Tesla

• Informative
Reactions: DDrawer

A $1 per tire fee is imposed on the sale of new tires for highway use in Pennsylvania. Tires placed on vehicles or equipment licensed for highway use are deemed for highway use regardless of the actual usage