Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y MY2022?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does Tesla change Model Year designation with the 1st of the next year? For example any Model Y's produced on or after January 1, 2022 will be a Model Year 2022? If not, how will we know when Model Year 2022, Model Y's, are in production or being delivered. I'm not asking for Model Year updates or the new battery pack. Just curious about Model Year designation switch over and how to tell from a consumers perspective.

Inside the driver's door is a sticker with a variety of specs about the car. In the upper left is the MM/YY when the car was built.

Also, the 10th character in the VIN is the model year. Currently it is "M" for 2021, so I assume "N" will be 2022.

Thank you. Very helpful, so as soon as we see vins with an N in the 10th character we are in MY22?

I can vouch for this as my MYLR picked up in October 2020 is a 2021 model.
This is very interesting. Is this just VIN number or the car features also? I.e. double pane
I can vouch for this as my MYLR picked up in October 2020 is a 2021 model.
This is very interesting! Is this just the VIN number or also car features such as double pane windows?

Did you know you were getting a 2021 model or it was a surprise?

Reactions: jsight
This is very interesting. Is this just VIN number or the car features also? I.e. double pane

This is very interesting! Is this just the VIN number or also car features such as double pane windows?

Did you know you were getting a 2021 model or it was a surprise?
From my assigned VIN (before delivery), I was able to know in advance. Tesla makes changes throughout a model year, so I did not get the double pane window, but still had passenger side lumbar support.

Reactions: jsight and MY-user