Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y navigate on autopilot version 2022.36.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Navigate on autopilot is a part of FSD, and Tesla Motors club has an entire subforum dedicated to discussion of autopilot and FSD:

I dont follow this discussion closely, even though I have FSD in my model 3. I am guessing its likely because you dont have FSD Beta. The discussion on FSD beta (currently 249 pages of posts.. not 249 posts) can be found in the following thread. Perhaps searching / reading through that thread will help, since you asked for suggestions

Navigate on autopilot is a part of FSD, and Tesla Motors club has an entire subforum dedicated to discussion of autopilot and FSD:

I dont follow this discussion closely, even though I have FSD in my model 3. I am guessing its likely because you dont have FSD Beta. The discussion on FSD beta (currently 249 pages of posts.. not 249 posts) can be found in the following thread. Perhaps searching / reading through that thread will help, since you asked for suggestions

I paid 12k $$ and bought FSD Beta. If you read by post, the Navigate on Autopilot works on Freeway but not on City Streets for me. Why ? Do I need to have perfect 100% safety score ?

I paid 12k $$ and bought FSD Beta. If you read by post, the Navigate on Autopilot works on Freeway but not on City Streets for me. Why ? Do I need to have perfect 100% safety score ?

No, you paid 12k and bought FSD, which is beta software. You dont have "FSD beta" (or you cant buy that, anyway). I will direct you to the subforum for autopilot and FSD discussion, and the thread I linked above, for further discussion on the topic.

You still answer my question. I have already enrolled in the beta testing program. I think somebody can answer.
Ok, here you go - when you purchase or subscribe to FSD, you get immediate access to ALL of the features EXCEPT Autosteer on City Streets, otherwise known as FSD beta. To get access to that, you have to 1) Request FSDbeta using the button in the Autopilot section in the car, 2) Drive 100 miles on Autopilot, 3) Maintain a good safety score (i.e., 80+), 4) wait until they deign to let you in, which could take months.

Ok, here you go - when you purchase or subscribe to FSD, you get immediate access to ALL of the features EXCEPT Autosteer on City Streets, otherwise known as FSD beta. To get access to that, you have to 1) Request FSDbeta using the button in the Autopilot section in the car, 2) Drive 100 miles on Autopilot, 3) Maintain a good safety score (i.e., 80+), 4) wait until they deign to let you in, which could take months.
Thanks.

You still answer my question. I have already enrolled in the beta testing program. I think somebody can answer.

I did answer... in post #2 in this thread, when I told you that the reason you didnt have it is because you were not actually in FSD beta. I then suggested you read the thread on FSD beta to understand what the difference was.

Reactions: DanDi58
FSD should be free for those who want to participate in the beta testing program, which is the current state.
Paying $12k to do the work for Tesla is like.....WHY?? :cool:
1) they have enough people willing to pay (now) $15k to be a tester so why should they give it away for free? It's worth what people are willing to pay for it.

2) It's a great filter to weed out trolls and people who would do stupid things that could cause accidents

NHTSA is breathing down Tesla's neck and issuing safety recalls for some very silly things (IMO). If there were a bunch of accidents by beta testers then NHTSA might shut down the beta program which would throw a monkey wrench into Tesla's FSD development.

If you're wondering why people would pay so much, there are several reasons. For some, it's not a lot of money. For others, it can be written off as a business expense. Some people want to take part in cutting edge development. At least a few people think the price is going to go up much higher once FSD becomes level 4 or level 5 and they want to save money by purchasing it now.

• Informative
Reactions: nate704
1) they have enough people willing to pay (now) $15k to be a tester so why should they give it away for free? It's worth what people are willing to pay for it.

2) It's a great filter to weed out trolls and people who would do stupid things that could cause accidents

NHTSA is breathing down Tesla's neck and issuing safety recalls for some very silly things (IMO). If there were a bunch of accidents by beta testers then NHTSA might shut down the beta program which would throw a monkey wrench into Tesla's FSD development.

If you're wondering why people would pay so much, there are several reasons. For some, it's not a lot of money. For others, it can be written off as a business expense. Some people want to take part in cutting edge development. At least a few people think the price is going to go up much higher once FSD becomes level 4 or level 5 and they want to save money by purchasing it now.
Point #2 is really important.