Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y New Owner Inspection Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am anxiously awaiting as many of you for a VIN for my Model Y Pearl While.

I have seen so many great things/ideas to look for upon inspection of the Model Y that I would not have thought of. Would it be a good idea to put them all in one thread. Gaps, Paint, Seats etc? Does an inspection thread exist somewhere else? Thank you.

Probably a good idea to consolidate the issues so we have a single source to go to. Personally the issues I've found so far are that the top of the rear seats don't align and paint scratches and smudges on bottom of door panels that can be seen after opening the doors. The problem I'm wrestling with is who do I report these issues to to get them fixed once the stay in place orders are lifted.

I downloaded this M3 checklist from the site previously, which seems to apply to the MY as well...

This checklist is exactly what I was thinking about. It definitely needs updating for the Model Y to keep a first time owner or someone who might not have scoured all the threads.

I can think of the seat alignment, and rear seat switches not working as a pretty important one to update.

Anyone have the source for this or want to put it into a google doc that can be updated or open sourced?