Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Nit List

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm loving the new Y. I have just a few minor nits.

Wiper spray: I don't like the coverage of the wiper fluid spray compared to spray nozzles that are mounted on the hood. Although I suspect I might feel differently once we get snow and I won't have to excavate the nozzles.

Driver's seat issue: I don't know if this is a bug or feature, but I often get into the car and the seat is at a different position. I don't have Easy Entry associated with my profile and nobody else uses it. As a matter of fact, the Save Seat position message will be on-screen when this happens, as if I moved it myself. Weird.

Car stopping at green traffic lights: I understand this is how FSD works now, but it kind of defeats the purpose of FSD and seems dangerous.

Turn Signal: The short duration signal should have a couple of more flashes before it shuts off. Yes, I understand that is a very minor nit, lol.

Audio Issue: Often when switching directly from Tune-In to a game, the game audio will be muted. I can fix it by exiting and then returning to the Arcade, but this should be fixed

Last edited:
Oops...sorry, reverse order!

Turn signal: 3 flashes seems to be the industry norm. I agree, I'd like 4, 5 is too many for in city use.

"Car stopping at green traffic lights"? Yet another reason why FSD should be banned until its performance is safer.

Driver's seat: Mine has been almost 100%, set to my profile. Sometimes, it might be off a bit, but I then wonder if it's ME that's off!!!

Wiper spray: I agree, I'm not a fan of fluid being sprayed on the wipers. Just completed 8500 miles in our 2019 Toyota Avalon Hybrid, with the hood mounted nozzles. I prefer to spray the windshield and let it soak for a few moments BEFORE I run the wipers. I like the fluid to start dissolving the bugs.

Reactions: HellsKitchen
Yup i agree with wiper nozzles. IF there are any number of bugs/debris and you click in to spray, the wipers will instantly smear anything there. That makes it so much harder to clean and doesn't really give the fluid enough time to penetrate the debris (even for a few seconds at least).

Wiper spray: I'm kind of neutral on it being mounted on the wipers. But sometimes the wiper will wipe too many times and other times not enough after a spray.

Driver's seat: OP's might be buggy. The only times my seat is in different position is when the car picks up my wife's phone key before mine. But this rarely happens even though many times she's in the car with her phone before me.

Turn signal: When I want it to flash more than 3 times but do not want to click it all the way (mostly while changing lanes), I usually just hold the stalk in place until I'm done with signaling.

Turn signal: When I want it to flash more than 3 times but do not want to click it all the way (mostly while changing lanes), I usually just hold the stalk in place until I'm done with signaling.
As a nit upon a nit, I would love to see both the flasher signals and the blind spot cameras appear at the far left or far right of the screen, depending. That would help easily confirm in an instant that I have the correct flasher on. Yes, I know you can move the blind spot display position, but only to the same place. The blinker arrows themselves are small and take a moment to track.

You should get a notice that it's going to stop - at that point depress and hold the accelerator a little to indicate it's safe to proceed through and you'll keep moving.
Correct or flick the stalk to confirm it’s clear to proceed. Once you get into Beta it does everything on its own. Probably one of my favorite features. If your in regular FSD following a car it should go through without confirmation.