Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - No VIN, Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all! I’m new here! I have been so anxious about my model Y and just cannot wait haha.

I ordered my pearl white LR AWD MY, no tow, 7 seats, w/ white interior on March 28th and still have yet to receive a VIN.
Initially the delivery date range was April 27 - May 17 and I cannot even tell you how many times this has been pushed back further and further almost everyday - sometimes it would change multiple times a day.

Current ETA is May 19 - June 5

When I had first placed my order it was a range of 1-10 weeks, so yes it is in the time frame still but gahhh it’s killing me lol.

I know the range of delivery can change etc. and I know some people have gotten a VIN within a few days but also within a few weeks. How long did you wait for your VIN? I’m thinking it’s taking much longer because I ordered a 7 seater. What do you think?

Reactions: cancoi and Tesslady
Ordered May 31st. Model Y long range black exterior white interior upgraded wheels. Currently saying estimated delivery August 7-27. Did all the steps and I’m on the insurance part now waiting for a vin.
Ordered May 31st. Model Y, white, performance model, tow pkg, black interior. VIN 6/5/21, estimate Delivery date changes every morning, by a day. Live in CA and delivery spot is Rocklin (Sacramento area). Currently says DD 6/10-13/21

Upvote 0
Ordered May 31st. Model Y, white, performance model, tow pkg, black interior. VIN 6/5/21, estimate Delivery date changes every morning, by a day. Live in CA and delivery spot is Rocklin (Sacramento area). Currently says DD 6/10-13/21
Wish I can get my VIN now. Ordered May 23rd Model Y LR, white with premium interior, ubertine wheels, 5 seater. No VIN. EDD is 7/22 - 8/11.

Upvote 0
Wish I can get my VIN now. Ordered May 23rd Model Y LR, white with premium interior, ubertine wheels, 5 seater. No VIN. EDD is 7/22 - 8/11.
I am so new at this, but my guess living in CA helps tremendously. 7 seaters seem to take longer, and dont forget to tell/ask about your 1000 miles supercharger time. Just got my pickup day and time--6/12/21, 10 am, Tesla is already there...go figure!!

Upvote 0
Hi All,
Ordered my MYLR on April 26th. In 1 week I got an estimate of May 19th - Jun 1 ... only for it to be pulled 2 days later and has been 4-9 weeks since.
Yesterday I got a text saying "This is the Tesla Delivery Team... good chance your car might come in this week." My Account showed "Prepare For Delivery" but no VIN. But still I was very hopeful.

This morning back to "4-9 weeks". Tried to call Advisor at 10:30am. "Tesla is closed - please leave a voicemail"
I'm guessing (hoping) there's some big fix / update going on and everyone is busy.

Thoughts on whether I should hold out any hope on that text or was that just an automated fluke - or worse there was a car potentially available and now it isn't?
Ordered mine on the April 24th, had been given a date of June delivery but this morning, the site stated the delivery date is not September. Anyone else got the delivery date pushed that far out?

Upvote 0
I gave up. =P.

I wanted a MYLR 5 seater with Red Exterior and White Interior. Dates kept extending over a month. After the change pushed it to 2 months,
I started looking at existing inventory and found a MYLR 7 seater with Red Exterior and White Interior. Took it and am now enjoying it.

But yea, Tesla quality control is exactly what I expected. As-in I'm sending it to the Service Center on May 13 for them to fix cosmetic blemishes.
I ordered a M3 on May 9th and changed my mind a week ago. I wanted a MY red and found a Demo last week. I take possession of it in two days and I’m super excited, but worried because of Demo thing. Did you have any issues at all with your Demo?

Upvote 0
I ordered a M3 on May 9th and changed my mind a week ago. I wanted a MY red and found a Demo lalst week. I take possession of it in two days and I’m super excited, but worried because of Demo thing. Did you have any issues at all with your Demo?
Mine wasnt a demo. It was either a rejection or no-pick up. Found a temp plate in the glovebox to someome else. As far as problem, very minor. The driver seat trim had deep scratches that they replaced and i noticed a dent that i had them fix. Other than that, some interior trim gaps. No exterior gaps. 10/10 would do again since it savede almost $11k on the car and almost $3k on the charger in incentives.

Reactions: Tesslady
Upvote 0