Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - No VIN, Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all! I’m new here! I have been so anxious about my model Y and just cannot wait haha.

I ordered my pearl white LR AWD MY, no tow, 7 seats, w/ white interior on March 28th and still have yet to receive a VIN.
Initially the delivery date range was April 27 - May 17 and I cannot even tell you how many times this has been pushed back further and further almost everyday - sometimes it would change multiple times a day.

Current ETA is May 19 - June 5

When I had first placed my order it was a range of 1-10 weeks, so yes it is in the time frame still but gahhh it’s killing me lol.

I know the range of delivery can change etc. and I know some people have gotten a VIN within a few days but also within a few weeks. How long did you wait for your VIN? I’m thinking it’s taking much longer because I ordered a 7 seater. What do you think?

Reactions: cancoi and Tesslady
Hey all! I’m new here! I have been so anxious about my model Y and just cannot wait haha.

I ordered my pearl white LR AWD MY, no tow, 7 seats, w/ white interior on March 28th and still have yet to receive a VIN.
Initially the delivery date range was April 27 - May 17 and I cannot even tell you how many times this has been pushed back further and further almost everyday - sometimes it would change multiple times a day.

Current ETA is May 19 - June 5

When I had first placed my order it was a range of 1-10 weeks, so yes it is in the time frame still but gahhh it’s killing me lol.

I know the range of delivery can change etc. and I know some people have gotten a VIN within a few days but also within a few weeks. How long did you wait for your VIN? I’m thinking it’s taking much longer because I ordered a 7 seater. What do you think?
I ordered the same lol. Hope you got yours by now it’s going on the 8th week and the estimated time frame on website is all over the place. I wish they would just say ok “on this date”. Have fun driving yours

Upvote 0
Hi all

I have ordered my Tesla Y Black LR AWD, no tow, no 7 seats on May 27 location Denver.

Every time it keeps changing the estimated date. Any idea, what is the current order delivery date in Denver colorado?
It changes all the time. Just call your SA and get an approximate from him/her but don't pay too much attention to the EDD. I ordered on May 9th and my estimates build date is July 10th - 17th. 7 seater, white/black, black wheels, LR.

Upvote 0
Ordered June 1st, LR MY, Blue, black 5 seat, induction wheels, no tow, no FSD.. Dates have been all over the board. Currently showing August 20 - Sept 10 (same dates for the past week). Talked to SA yesterday, no estimate on anything from her. She also told me that the date online means very little so don't pay attention to it until I get VIN assigned. Easy for her to say. Someone said it best earlier, it isn't rocket science. Oh well, at least I'm not the only one. Happy waiting everyone!

Upvote 0
Ordered June 1st, LR MY, Blue, black 5 seat, induction wheels, no tow, no FSD.. Dates have been all over the board. Currently showing August 20 - Sept 10 (same dates for the past week). Talked to SA yesterday, no estimate on anything from her. She also told me that the date online means very little so don't pay attention to it until I get VIN assigned. Easy for her to say. Someone said it best earlier, it isn't rocket science. Oh well, at least I'm not the only one. Happy waiting everyone!
Ordered May 9th, dates everywhere, still waiting.

Upvote 0
I seem to be stuck at August 15 - Sept 4 for the past 36 hours. It's an improvement, but not by much. Let's see how long it sticks.
Checked this morning again, I'm still at July 10-30. My TA confirmed a long time ago the build would be around July 10th. This seems to be true. If the gigaplant was up and running in TX you'd already have yours. I've heard it's so worth the wait... we shall continue waiting my friend.

Reactions: Imeddy8
Upvote 0
Checked this morning again, I'm still at July 10-30. My TA confirmed a long time ago the build would be around July 10th. This seems to be true. If the gigaplant was up and running in TX you'd already have yours. I've heard it's so worth the wait... we shall continue waiting my friend.
Good, I hope the dates stay. I am halfway through the 12 week max I initially was given when I ordered. Hopefully the second half is better than the first half. Keep us posted as the 10th is right around the corner. I'm still showing August 15 - Sept 4th.

Reactions: Tesslady
Upvote 0
My EDD went back to 7/2-22 this morning. For 2 days it's said Sept. My advisor also said that it showed the build would be July 10th and I should get a VIN and delivery a couple of days after that. I was hoping for June and I haven't given up. You'd think Tesla would want their numbers as high as they can be for the end of quarter...
Did you get a vin yet?

Reactions: Tesslady
Upvote 0