Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Not Worth the Price Now [Nov 2022]

Is the Current Price on the MY LR Overpriced?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have a 2020 Model Y that I leased (only car mistake I have made) with a car cost of $55k... The same car today is $71k with less features. In my opinion the Y is no longer worth the money. At this price a lot of cars compete for the money! Do you think the MY LR is overpriced? If Yes or No, Why?

So I have a 2020 Model Y that I leased (only car mistake I have made) with a car cost of $55k... The same car today is $71k with less features. In my opinion the Y is no longer worth the money. At this price a lot of cars compete for the money! Do you think the MY LR is overpriced? If Yes or No, Why?
If ya don't think it's worth it that's fine. Have you thought about why others are paying it? The zillions sold... someone must think it's worth it with 50% sales growth quarter over quarter ya know?

If ya don't think it's worth it that's fine. Have you thought about why others are paying it? The zillions sold... someone must think it's worth it with 50% sales growth quarter over quarter ya know?
So my Dad ordered one in March and is taking delivery this week he is paying $57K. A lot of the 50% growth is cars priced much lower than current price.

So that means it has not priced itself out lol
I think it has and all the reported sales are cars much lower than current pricing. current pricing cars won't be delivered till end of Q1 2023 so we will see if the orders turn into deliveries. I suspect they will see a decline in deliveries come Q1 and Q2.

The reality is the MY is a $55-60K car getting into the $70k price, a lot better cars can be had not just EV's. Honestly considering an G80 M3 competition even though my spec is $11k more then the Y.

Reactions: dino007
So my Dad ordered one in March and is taking delivery this week he is paying $57K. A lot of the 50% growth is cars priced much lower than current price.

I think it has and all the reported sales are cars much lower than current pricing. current pricing cars won't be delivered till end of Q1 2023 so we will see if the orders turn into deliveries. I suspect they will see a decline in deliveries come Q1 and Q2.

The reality is the MY is a $55-60K car getting into the $70k price, a lot better cars can be had not just EV's. Honestly considering an G80 M3 competition even though my spec is $11k more then the Y.
The MYP's real competition are the 80K-90K sport SUVs. When this vid was made the MYP was 63K ish. It's still 10K cheaper than those other two SUVs, but ppl have memory so they harken back to when it was a lot cheaper, but really it's stiill a deal comparatively.

Looking at my local new inventory after dealer markup:

Volvo C40: $63K
Ioniq 5: $65k - imagine paying this for a hyundai
GV60: $70K
FWD i4 - $68K

Makes sense why the Model Y is priced where it is.

This is very region specific. I was just offered an Ioniq 5 Limited AWD at $56k because I had my name on a list. I paid only a couple grand over MSRP for my EV6 and with tax credit, its under $50k. If you are willing to travel a bit out, you can find the deals on new EVs that the Y competes with. To get a new Y now, there is only 1 price and its more expensive than any of its competitors outside of the GV60.

Reactions: Jpandes and voxel
Looking at my local new inventory after dealer markup:

Volvo C40: $63K
Ioniq 5: $65k - imagine paying this for a hyundai
GV60: $70K
FWD i4 - $68K

Makes sense why the Model Y is priced where it is.

Post loss of tax credits, the $67K base white Model Y has become a decent value but I think the GV60, Lyriq, and i4 are actually better "values" assuming no markups (which are mostly fading in FL). None of the BMW dealers I spoke to charge markup and Hyundai dealers who offered me Ioniq 5s have dropped theirs and GV60s are widely available up north at MSRP and only cost $1500 to ship.

The Ioniq 5 Limited AWD at MSRP and GV60 Advanced are downright bargains even without the tax credit. Sadly those two trims are rarely made.

Now.. when the Model Y is eligible for full or half tax credit in 2023... it will be good value again. Face it... most of us who bought Ys paid sub-$60K for it because we order so long ago.

Reactions: ord3r
The MYP's real competition are the 80K-90K sport SUVs. When this vid was made the MYP was 63K ish. It's still 10K cheaper than those other two SUVs, but ppl have memory so they harken back to when it was a lot cheaper, but really it's stiill a deal comparatively.

The Y in any form cannot compete with those SUV's in any category other than performance. Their fit, finish, options and overall build quality is light years ahead.
The Y can compete with their base models as well as the base RDX & Q5. It's not opinion or subjective. It's fact. Look at every other category other than performance and it's undebatable.

The Y in any form cannot compete with those SUV's in any category other than performance. Their fit, finish, options and overall build quality is light years ahead.
The Y can compete with their base models as well as the base RDX & Q5. It's not opinion or subjective. It's fact. Look at every other category other than performance and it's undebatable.
Lmao, why reply stating your OPINIONS then wrap it up with my points are undetectable?

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Status
Not open for further replies.