Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Not Worth the Price Now [Nov 2022]

Is the Current Price on the MY LR Overpriced?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All the Elon fanboi's are eating a big ld crow pie r

Hope that crow tastes good. 😂 Fanboi's will be fanboi's.
I'm not an "Elon fanboi", but I'm not sure why many would be eating crow. A lot of Tesla fans were expecting price cuts as production volumes increased with new plants coming online. I bet I can find a comment somewhere predicting price cuts in 2022.

I guess that is eating crow. I was almost a year too early and the tax credit ended up providing part of the cut.

I'm not an "Elon fanboi", but I'm not sure why many would be eating crow. A lot of Tesla fans were expecting price cuts as production volumes increased with new plants coming online. I bet I can find a comment somewhere predicting price cuts in 2022.

I guess that is eating crow. I was almost a year too early and the tax credit ended up providing part of the cut.
Those trolls don't even own a Tesla or still in high school driving his/her mom's old mini van. If you are not a Tesla fan and hate Tesla fanboi, why would you buy and drive Tesla cars?

Those trolls don't even own a Tesla or still in high school driving his/her mom's old mini van. If you are not a Tesla fan and hate Tesla fanboi, why would you buy and drive Tesla cars?
tesla has the infrastructure. its not worth getting other cars if you travel because you can't charge it in the winter, can only charge it 1/2 the time all other season.

Anyone that would join this forum without owning a Tesla AND then proceeds to comment on one is definitely a troll.

As astounding as it may be, some people have an opinion without idolizing the CEO. It's called having an 'education' and not letting personal bias get in the way of an objective assessment. Tesla is not the be all and end all of the EV market. They once were but they are no longer.
These latest price cuts are proof of it. The legacy manufacturers are closing in and Tesla has to make extreme maneuvers (Tesla drops prices up to 20 percent in attempt to drive sales) to stay in the game.

I have no idea who is the CEO of Toyota is but I still recognize that they are the best manufacturer out there in terms of reliability.
Guess what? I don't own one at the moment.

Reactions: tonyz1
Anyone that would join this forum without owning a Tesla AND then proceeds to comment on one is definitely a troll.

As astounding as it may be, some people have an opinion without idolizing the CEO. It's called having an 'education' and not letting personal bias get in the way of an objective assessment. Tesla is not the be all and end all of the EV market. They once were but they are no longer.
These latest price cuts are proof of it. The legacy manufacturers are closing in and Tesla has to make extreme maneuvers (Tesla drops prices up to 20 percent in attempt to drive sales) to stay in the game.

I have no idea who is the CEO of Toyota is but I still recognize that they are the best manufacturer out there in terms of reliability.

People join forums to do research and voice their opinion. Some are trolls but others are just argumentative 😁

Also, the Toyota CEO is kinda scumbag. Lets lobby against EVs to slow down EV growth with questionable marketing and FUD. And yes, I still own a Toyota 😁

Reactions: Schnitz

Sorry. The legacy automakers are not closing in and never will. They are far too far behind. They have a horrendous charging infrastructure, now overpriced cars, dealing with bullshit dealer networks. It will just never happen. This is the nail In the coffee and the true start of the tesla take over.

Sorry. The legacy automakers are not closing in and never will. They are far too far behind. They have a horrendous charging infrastructure, now overpriced cars, dealing with bullshit dealer networks. It will just never happen. This is the nail In the coffee and the true start of the tesla take over.
"bullshit dealership network" has pros/cons... if Tesla wants to truly "take over"... they desperately need to (at a minimum) 2x their existing Service Center / collision bodyshop partner network. The Dallas Ft worth Metroplex has nearly 8m people but only 3 (!) Service Centers and a handful of body shops certified. Simple repairs (requiring Service Center / body shops) take *weeks* because there's either a backlog or "waiting for parts". And the "uber credit only" isn't a workable solution for most. Say what you want about dealerships... but when my F150 had a 2 day repair ... i drove off in a loaner Mustang...

100% agree... as # of tesla cars sold goes up, all the problems with customer service and car service will blow-up.
right now wait times for tesla service are horrendous at the best... yeah fan boyz might it it works but in heavily populated areas, it's 3-4 weeks away..
and we all know how clean they give cars back... they don't even use clean health precautions...

100% agree... as # of tesla cars sold goes up, all the problems with customer service and car service will blow-up.
right now wait times for tesla service are horrendous at the best... yeah fan boyz might it it works but in heavily populated areas, it's 3-4 weeks away..
yup. for non Tesla EVs the charging network is the problem ... for Tesla's the service support.
I really like my Model 3 ... but the thought alone of needing more complicated repairs the mobile techs can't do or - the worst - bodyshop repair stresses me out. Friends had to wait for 2 months to get a door fixed (...)

Legacy auto makers have the same problem. Parts backordered/shortage. Long wait for parts. Long wait for body shop. My friend waited 3 months for his left headlight assembly to come in for his Pacifica.

Similarly, my neighbor had to park her Ford Exhibition on the street for months while waiting for a part to fix a problem with them going up in flames. Of course, now that they fixed the catching on fire issue, her car has died twice while driving around town. However, that is a different issue that they don’t know how to fix yet.

Similarly, my neighbor had to park her Ford Exhibition on the street for months while waiting for a part to fix a problem with them going up in flames. Of course, now that they fixed the catching on fire issue, her car has died twice while driving around town. However, that is a different issue that they don’t know how to fix yet.

Wow. So i guess her car was found on road dead...

most of the other car manufactures problems are specific to some non-popular/less produced models.
you don't hear honda accords or toyota camry's waiting on parts.
tesla has only 2 popular models churning 1000000's of them.. and their service problems are not related to parts.. but poor quality.
it will doom or get them in to trouble... it's like building houses with leaky roofs or missing plumbing and let's fix under warranty.. if customer finds it..

most of the other car manufactures problems are specific to some non-popular/less produced models.
tesla has only 2 popular models churning 1000000's of them.. and their service problems are not related to parts.. but poor quality.
it will doom or get them in to trouble... it's like building houses with leaky roofs or missing plumbing and let's fix under warranty.. if customer finds it..

There’s plenty. Heck Toyota had to shut down and also cut there working time for parts shortages

You are talking abt during pandemic.. and one off problems compared to tesla systematic problem.
The fact is still.. tesla for all they say abt simple design bullshit, has greater quality issues causing service delays.
The fact is they put quantity over quality for wall street and other pressures.. their CEO himself said it.

Last edited:
Reactions: tonyz1 and cdub
You are talking abt during pandemic.. and one off problems compared to tesla systematic problem.
The fact is still.. tesla for all they say abt simple design bullshit, has greater quality issues causing service delays.
The fact is they put quantity over quality for wall street and other pressures.. their CEO himself said it.
All auto makers have been through the same path. That’s how they survived and grew their business. Tesla is no magic company that can simply only focus on quality. If they did, you wouldn’t be driving your model Y.

Reactions: Schnitz
Status
Not open for further replies.