Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y now with Wheel Configuration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Wennfred

Supporting Member
Apr 4, 2019
San Diego
I haven’t seen this posted anywhere on here so here it goes, this came with 2020.36.0 but wasn’t released in the notes.

F826B0BA-D5A5-4F2F-82F5-62D1CC5CC295.jpeg

Hopefully, this means tesla will have Model Y rims available for sale. Winter is coming, I'm sure there are owners looking to buy rim/snow tire combo. Come on Induction

Winter wheels - same boat here, cold winter state and no Tesla option for those of us with [heavy, staggered] 21's that were forced. Almost hard to believe at this point. Don't really care for any of the popular aftermarket options for the prices so hoping this magically changes next 30 days or so as this thing will be undriveable otherwise come November.

I took delivery on 9/15 in northern IL. Parts manager claims 1) Tesla cannot confirm the Induction or Gemini wheels fit over the performance brakes - which is BS, there are many test vehicle spottings and people who've done wheel swaps, and 2) claim they cannot sell a wheel set that is not attached to a VIN - sort or hard to believe considering there are wheel kits sold for all other vehicles. I read all of that as, this will create extra work for me, here's a story you can't refute, I don't care if you could, leave me alone. Can't make this stuff up sometimes with Tesla.

As I've been ignored for weeks by Tesla and finally getting this word salad reasoning, there appears to be no interest in having their Performance buyers able to use their car half the year without slapping on someone else's wheel set (and assuming you can get the right TPMSs if you do so). Likewise ironic for a company so insistent on controlling the product, supply chain and service top to bottom is somehow cool with this donut hole. Maybe should've just told everyone who ordered over six months ago living from Montana over to Maine to just skip the Performance because they weren't going to be ready for winter.

While I guess this experience is generally on brand for Tesla, it's still frustrating when you're trying to figure out and don't see a solution on the horizon nor anyone who cares about it.

Last edited: