Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y, Nuna Rava

garrett5688

Oct 7, 2017
DFW
Does anyone have the nuna rava car seat installed in their Model Y? Either forward or rear facing.

When installed on the either the driver or passenger side, can the middle seat back be folded down?

MSM_Y_Bruh

Mar 20, 2020
Bay Area
I have a Rava for my 19 month and pipa lite LX with base for my 1 month old installed. I Haven’t tried folding down the middle but it looks like it will. I’ll have to confirm when I get home in the evening

garrett5688

Oct 7, 2017
DFW
That would be very helpful!

I currently have this seat in my S, rear passenger... but the way the rear seat backs are shaped, cannot fold down the rear driver as it hits the car seat.

it appears this isn’t an issue in the Y since the seat backs are split vertically, but would love confirmation.

Also being able to fold down just the middle seat back with 2 car seats in the back would be a great perk.

shipapotamus

Sep 26, 2020
Chicago, IL
I can check for you in < 3 hours when I get back. I have the Rava. I thought this was about the seat cover (which Nuna does not officially allow). Although I might be trying the Britax pad anyway because these seats aren't exactly super sticky anyway.

bpon89

Jul 21, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
Yes, I have a Nuna Rava installed forward facing and just put the middle seat down over the weekend for some long curtain rods. The cup holder gets in the way but that is collapsible. When putting the seat down it does press onto the Rava sides but it's just cushion so it's not a problem. I believe having rear facing shouldn't be an issue either since the middle seat comes down all the way.

• Informative
Reactions: garrett5688

garrett5688

Oct 7, 2017
DFW
Realized I never updated this - we now have a Y with a rear-facing Rava, and the middle seat back folds down easily. Huge convenience over the S.

bpon89

Jul 21, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
Yes, middle seat can fold down. Make sure the cup holder on the Rava is folded in, and the middle seat will slightly brush up as you're folding down but not an issue. I do both forward and rear facing swaps too.

surfearth

Sep 26, 2020
san francisco
Yes, middle seat can fold down. Make sure the cup holder on the Rava is folded in, and the middle seat will slightly brush up as you're folding down but not an issue. I do both forward and rear facing swaps too.

Same here. I have the same setup and put the middle seat up and down frequently (to fit surfboards in the Y). It is a bit tight getting past the cupholder but otherwise works perfectly.

Reactions: bpon89

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC