Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y occasionally turns on by itself

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had my Model Y for a little over a month and had been enjoying it. This past few weeks, I noticed that my battery percentage would decrease by a couple percent after parking for a couple hours. Then I saw that sometimes when I came back to the car, the screen, AC and radio would be on(accessory mode?). My Model Y would sporadically turn itself on. I checked cabin overheat, dog mode and sentry mode to make sure they were off. Looking in from outside, all the doors says closed and locked. It became more frequent when I park it under the sun and at times would even turn on almost immediately after I close the door. Anyone have any experience with this?

No experience with this specific problem, but it could be a bug in the screens. Just for grins, have you tried rebooting to see if it still happens? Also have you tried turning on those extra features for overheat, dog mode, etc., then exiting that screen and then going back to turn them off? The screen showing those current settings may be out of sync with the actual settings, so a reboot or cycling through the settings may be needed. Perhaps a bug in a recent update?

Thanks for your inputs. Yes, I’ve tried rebooting multiple times and made sure cabin overheat protection, sentry mode, Bluetooth, etc are all off. The faulty seat sensor may definitely be a cause. I’ve an upcoming service appointment to hopefully resolve this issue.