Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y OEM roof rack + Yakima grand touring 16

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did another 1k mile road trip without skybox (similar route).

Last time with skybox was avg 332 wh/mi, and this time was 324 wh/mi.

I’ve concluded that, if I need the extra roof space, then I’ll go ahead and mount the box without worrying about too much efficiency loss.

The big battery killer is still driving 80mph+ :(

Reactions: Anser and NHK X
Share some efficiency numbers once you go on trips :)
So far with city driving including many freeway drives was averaging around 330. I think it’s around 10% loss, I think others were reporting about 12% in general with roof top boxes.

Caveat is that I only have around 140 miles on car now. Overall super happy with the way it looks, it’s perfect for 3 or Y, wouldn’t go with anything else at this point. Sits a little lower too.

I did another 1k mile road trip without skybox (similar route).

Last time with skybox was avg 332 wh/mi, and this time was 324 wh/mi.

I’ve concluded that, if I need the extra roof space, then I’ll go ahead and mount the box without worrying about too much efficiency loss.

The big battery killer is still driving 80mph+ :(
Pretty spot on with what I’m seeing in my short term experience. But also included my obligatory MYP launches here and there to bring a smile to my face.

• Funny
Reactions: mT3Silvia
Here is the full set up. Fits perfect.
That looks great! By any chance, can you measure the height of the highest point of the Grand Tour while mounted to your roof? I also have a MYP and just installed the factory roof racks today and am shopping for boxes. I only have about 14-16" of clearance between my roof rack and garage opening, so would like a box that I can drive into my garage with. I'll go with one of the "lo" options if needed, but would prefer the Grand Tour 16 for the extra vertical height if I can swing it.