Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y OEM trailer light faulty?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HI Guys, just joined, wondering if anyone has an OEM tow package were having trouble with connecting LED lights (4pin) into the car's Pollack socket?

my case is: I plugged my led light kit into another car has 4pin directly, works flawlessly, plugged into 4pin turns into a 7pin adaptor (bought on Amazon), and then flip to the right side, both right side of aftermarket LED and MY turn signal lit up properly when flipped to the left side, aftermarket light was not lit, the car's rear turn signal flashes very fast (that makes me think there is a resistor not matching somehow, from my previous experience with lights in general)

I've heard there is a recall on this back in 2020, was that relevant?

anyone had any light to shed on this subject is greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Misterbee
anyhow, I want to do a quick update from the SC, they have found, verbatim: concern read and verified. Checked logs and found an alert for a tow hook fault. Diagnosed and tested all grounds and found continuity running through the harness. took apart rear fascia and found tow hitch trailer connector soft set. reconnected and tested tow hitch operations. verified proper operation.

this reminded me, some of our cars is literally built in the parking lot in Fremont.

picking up tomorrow. hopefully, this serves as an occurrence to help others to problem-solving.

Upvote 0