Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y or Mustang Mach-E

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The mustang looks like a more solidly built car with better features set.

My concern is how, with a 100Kw battery pack, does it only get 230 miles per charge?!

The 230 mile range one has a 75kWh battery. Still inefficient, but not quite as bad as a 100kWh. The GT variant is the other “electron guzzler” but that is to be expected.

You are correct. The GT is listed as 100kWH and 250 miles. Still not great and I’m hoping that is a conservative estimate.

Also, Ford might go the route of locking out the top end of the battery like most of the other manufacturers do. That means you can charge to 100% daily with no worries, although you never have the option of a range charge. So the 250 might be the actual daily charge level, not 90% of 250 like it would be with a Tesla.

Ford is 84k cars away from federal credit phase out and that was back in June. How many left until 200k cars sold if we assume optimistic sale? Maybe 50k left? Who knows. But by the time standard range rolls off production for Ford, hardly anyone would be getting that $7500 tax credit. Why would you consider a 98kwh battery pumping out EPA 300 miles car for same price? Mach E should be pushing 400 miles range at that point.

I think Ford did a nice job on the appearance of the Mach-E, but a Ford is not for me....I just have had bad luck with them, and personally won't go back.

Likewise; we traded up from a Ford to our Model 3 after having a lemon of a transmission and having been bled dry by Ford Service every other month. Hopefully Ford doesn't try and pull any service tricks with the Mach-E to keep their dealerships happy like Hyundai have been doing: Jessie David on Twitter

Reactions: preilly44
Which one do you choose?

Comparatively priced, but $7500 Tax credit for the E
We already chose Tesla.

What part of the USA do you live in? Do you plan on taking road trips in your EV? Tesla's Supercharger network allows you to drive nearly anyplace in the continental United States. Electrify America's fast DC charging network (which Ford teamed up with) still has a ways to go to cover the continental US. It also costs more and isn't directly integrated into the car's navigation.