Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y order - my VIN just got stolen [Update: Original car had defects so Tesla wouldn't deliver it]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know the life isn't fair, but I feel my mY just got stolen.
I had my VIN and delivery date (June 25-30/2021)
But I think Tesla gave this to somebody else, and changed mine to August-no VIN.
I already sold my current vehicle to get mY...
What should I do?

Wait? (there is nothing, zip, nada you CAN do beside that).

Reactions: AquaY
I know the life isn't fair, but I feel my mY just got stolen.
I had my VIN and delivery date (June 25-30/2021)
But I think Tesla gave this to somebody else, and changed mine to August-no VIN.
I already sold my current vehicle to get mY...
What should I do?
Tesla Order

(Tysons Corner, VA) near Washington DC

6/6/2021 - Model Y LR ordered. (Financed)

6/7/20211 - website checking
Estimated Delivery:
August 20 - September 19
No VIN.

6/11/2021 - website checking
Estimated Delivery:
June 25 - June 30
VIN has been assigned

6/15/2021 - Sales Advisor call (from NV)
Telling me I’ll get a text message and I’ll need to respond within 48 hours.

6/22/2021 - website checking
Estimated Delivery:
August 06 - August 26
No VIN - They took it away.

Waiting…..so frustrated.

OP, I'm on your side in this situation. I can see why you sold the car once you got a VIN and estimated date. I guess the best advice to anyone in a similar situation is to wait until scheduled delivery date is established.

I'd be pretty (very) upset if I had this happen to me. losing VIN, but it has happened to others.

I'm surprised you got a VIN so soon, considering April people are still waiting

Reactions: bet_america
OP, I'm on your side in this situation. I can see why you sold the car once you got a VIN and estimated date. I guess the best advice to anyone in a similar situation is to wait until scheduled delivery date is established.

I'd be pretty (very) upset if I had this happen to me. losing VIN, but it has happened to others.

I'm surprised you got a VIN so soon, considering April people are still waiting
Thank you for the comment. I love Tesla but, it feels like *sugar* when they give you VIN (became my baby) and take back for somebody else.

You have two options, 1) Cancel your order and go with another manufacturer; or 2) Wait.

I'm sure Option 1 is off the table so....just wait. Will it pain you to wait a little longer for your $55k+ car? You're not the first person this has happened to.
lol isn't that obvious? if I have to end up wait til August, don't give me the dam June dates and VIN in the first place.

Reactions: GreenT
Wait? (there is nothing, zip, nada you CAN do beside that).

Another option besides just waiting is to look in the inventory cars (EV-CPO.com) for something close to what you have on order. I am considering this because I have the tax benefits of a trade in on my private party sale as long as I take delivery within 45 days of selling my old car... if my delivery date looks like it will fall outside that window I will take an inventory car.

Keith

This thread is ridiculous and you sound ridiculous. You have two options, 1) Cancel your order and go with another manufacturer; or 2) Wait.

I'm sure Option 1 is off the table so....just wait. Will it pain you to wait a little longer for your $55k+ car? You're not the first person this has happened to.

BOHICA

It is the Tesla business model for the customer to just take the shitsandwich they are given and tell everyone how wonderful it tastes. If not the fanboys swarm.

Keith