Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y order page is live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screenshot_20220610_122101_com.brave.browser.jpg

Reactions: Ecoli and m3lol
I almost can't believe it's actually here. I guess it's good that you can get one under $80k (unless you want red!). Disappointed to see that it's only the RWD for just under $80k, or the perf for $100k+, and no 7 seat option on either. And unsurprisingly, no mention of an official towbar option.

so model 3 and Y key size difference is 2 inch in all direction except height, which is 7 inch taller...

Last edited:
Last month placed an model 3 order, now just a model Y, asked SA about $400 deposit but told its not transferrable for model Y..... wondering if it could be passed to someone else who wants to own a model 3? cannot really wait 9-12 months for the model 3 I guess when seeing model Y is just 2-6 months away.

Last month placed an model 3 order, now just a model Y, asked SA about $400 deposit but told its not transferrable for model Y..... wondering if it could be passed to someone else who wants to own a model 3? cannot really wait 9-12 months for the model 3 I guess when seeing model Y is just 2-6 months away.
No they will not do it, changed my Model 3 order to a corporate plan and Tesla would not transfer the deposit.

• Informative
Reactions: Ecoli
I've ordered a white performance Y. Has anyone done a trade-in with Tesla? I've got a March 2020 Model 3 long range (white) done 24,000kms and trying to figure out the best way to change over.

TradeMe is full of standard ranges prices in the $70K - $80K range but not sure about long range value.

EDIT: I found the "Trade-in" option in the Tesla menu - we we'll see what they come back with.

Last edited:
deposit is sometime refundable.... buy model Y first and then discuss, even if in worst case scenario you end up with model Y and deposit for model 3 written off, it's still worth the process compare to extra 6 month wait for car they care less to deliver as launching new model.

deposit is sometime refundable.... buy model Y first and then discuss, even if in worst case scenario you end up with model Y and deposit for model 3 written off, it's still worth the process compare to extra 6 month wait for car they care less to deliver as launching new model.
Thanks the $400 isn't deposit its said as order fee to cover Administration costs...... website order and car still 9-12 months away what admin cost? Ppl might say but thats the non-refundable fee on the contract, unfortunately.

Just placed an order for a Model Y RWD LFP 75kW battery. MNS with black interior Just under the $80k so will get the clean car rebate.
I was told buy an on-line SA that the battery pack on a MY RWD was 75kW but Drive say it is the same as the M3 RWD at 62kW.
I wish Tesla would just say what the battery pack size is on each model.