Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y owners in Maine!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model Y owners of Maine! Have a quick question for the gang.

I've read multiple posts about MY owners' black trim getting chemically "warped" and causing stains that are tough to get rid of. Since I got my Model Y in Aug 2020, I've only handwashed it. For the winter months, I'm fine with a few automatic washes during the season to get rid of the salt etc.

Has anyone run their MY through an automatic wash (either brushless or touch-free) and come out without any issues on the black trim?

I'll probably take the plunge at some point, but figured I'd ask to see if anyone's had good (or bad) experiences in Maine.

Thanks in advance.

Model Y owners of Maine! Have a quick question for the gang.

I've read multiple posts about MY owners' black trim getting chemically "warped" and causing stains that are tough to get rid of. Since I got my Model Y in Aug 2020, I've only handwashed it. For the winter months, I'm fine with a few automatic washes during the season to get rid of the salt etc.

Has anyone run their MY through an automatic wash (either brushless or touch-free) and come out without any issues on the black trim?

I'll probably take the plunge at some point, but figured I'd ask to see if anyone's had good (or bad) experiences in Maine.

Thanks in advance.

Try the Maine Tesla Owners group on Facebook... more likely to get local advice. That said, we have on and have not seen what you are describing. Any photo reference?

I’m in Maine. Have Model Y. I go to manual car wash stall. Presoak. Wand wash, no brush. Rinse, then try to avoid all the puddles on the way home. I had the rainbow effect on my black trim but it comes off fairly easily with maguires waterless wash, which is what I use to touch up. And I rarely take it out in winter if the roads are bad since covid. I’ll take the Wrangler which just sits in the other bay most of the time until it gets traded in for CyberTruck. I’m sure I’ll be driving it more once we get called back into the office if that does happen.

Model Y owners in Maine: My wife has had hip surgery, so I want to "try" a model Y for a day, in order to see the ease of entry and exit for her. Can we rent a Y for a day? We're in North Yarmouth, Maine. Thanks! John K Fulton (Jay) - [email protected]
Jay, you should start a new thread for this either in the overall Model Y section, or in the TMC Community > Americas > New England section. Good luck!