Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Owners Manual is now live

canbonbon

Nov 12, 2017
Boston
Less Hip room in rear seats than Model 3? What am I missing here?
Model Y: 50.6"
Model 3: 52.4"
Its a bigger and wider car, and yet less hip room? No idea why so.

iustin

Supporting Member
Feb 5, 2020
Switzerland
Yay, this is good:
Off-Road Assist is designed to provide overall improvements when driving off-road. In addition to allowing the wheels to spin, Off-Road Assist balances the torque between the front and rear motors to optimize traction. Off-Road Assist improves traction on rough and soft
surfaces where one side of the vehicle may lose traction while the other side still has traction. When Off-Road Assist is on, the accelerator pedal provides more gradual torque, which is useful for crawling at low speeds (for example, over rocky surfaces).

Reactions: MP3Mike

neezer

Nov 5, 2019
Boston
Heat pump confirmed on page 131:

"Model Y uses a heat pump to maximize efficiency; therefore, your air conditioning compressor and external fan may run and make noise even when the outside temperature is cold and your vehicle is heating or supercharging."

Wait, I thought the Model 3 uses a heat pump too? No?

neezer

Nov 5, 2019
Boston
Darn, lol. All this time I thought they did. I will be curious to see how much more "range saving" the Y will show over the 3 over the average winter in cold places. I am sure folks like Bjorn will test thoroughly.

• Helpful
Reactions: Electric Steve

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC