Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Owners - Preordering a Cybertruck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only 3 Months ago I received my Model Y VIN and delivery on 1/19

Not going to lie, had always eyed the Cybertruck, since I used to own a Mid size SUV, love my model Y, but I am team Cybertruck

Let's see where this goes lol

1649370264950.png

I preordered a CT then ordered a YLR to see what version I would end up with on the CT. 300miles is plenty... Now I am torn on 2 or 3 motors?

What are we thinking the pricing will be? My guess is $69k for 2 motor, $84K for tri motor, and $140k for 4 motor?

I preordered a CT then ordered a YLR to see what version I would end up with on the CT. 300miles is plenty... Now I am torn on 2 or 3 motors?

What are we thinking the pricing will be? My guess is $69k for 2 motor, $84K for tri motor, and $140k for 4 motor?
I ordered the trimotor. I was so happy when Elon said there would be a Quad motor so will change when I get the offer to do so.
That's my desire. Not for everyone.
I wonder if they will still do a trimotor. They may just do Quad and Dual only.

I think they are going to be more expensive then they initially stated. For a few reasons.
1) I think they were too optimistic in the first place
2) The original pricing was before 1970s inflation became the 'new normal"
3) Supply chain issues
4) I think they were/are making it have more options included due to competition.
Quad motor is new because of Rivian & 4 wheel steering due to the Hummer IMO.

Just spitballing on price but I think the dual will be around $80k the Tri ( if they do it) close to $100k and the Quad $140k.

Reactions: kayak1
I ordered the trimotor. I was so happy when Elon said there would be a Quad motor so will change when I get the offer to do so.

I think they are going to be more expensive then they initially stated. For a few reasons.
3) Supply chain issues
4) I think they were/are making it have more options included due to competition.

Just spitballing on price but I think the dual will be around $80k the Tri ( if they do it) close to $100k and the Quad $140k.
I agree with you on a lot of the items but if you look at this as a + / - / = to Model Y in features here is my though:

Range should be =
Number of cells to make range -
Cost to manufacture -
Air suspension +
4 wheel steering +

I think if you look at the base price on the MYLR with 20" ($64,990) then add in / subtract for the new features you get I think its worth about $3-7K?

I agree with you on a lot of the items but if you look at this as a + / - / = to Model Y in features here is my though:

Range should be =
Number of cells to make range -
Cost to manufacture -
Air suspension +
4 wheel steering +

I think if you look at the base price on the MYLR with 20" ($64,990) then add in / subtract for the new features you get I think its worth about $3-7K?
I never thought to look at it that way. Interesting.
I wonder though if you have to compare the Cyber truck to the Model X or Model S instead of the MY?

We have a CT RN from back in 2019, according to the unofficial spread sheet calculator, our place in order of delivery is around 250,000ish.
We couldn't wait any longer to replace our 2010 Volvo XC60.
Our MYP is a keeper, if the CT ever hits production, we will get one to replace the wife's business vehicle.
I just hope that Tesla pre-purchased all of their stainless steel and that the pricing won't get to out of hand.
Our RN is for a dual motor.

Reactions: Eric9610
What do we think the range is going to be on the dual motor, 330 with 1k payload or 330 without any load? if its 330 with payload that would mean 400 miles without??
It’s almost certain range numbers will be unloaded.

Considering Tesla pulled all the specs from the site, I think we’re going to see something a bit different when final hits.

3) Supply chain issues

No one who pre ordered back then will buy dual for 80k! Max price for it should not exceed 69k.

What do we think the range is going to be on the dual motor, 330 with 1k payload or 330 without any load? if its 330 with payload that would mean 400 miles without??
I don't think anyone could give you a real answer to that. Too many unknowns. @ Ogre is right, range #s will be unloaded. That's the correct way to do it and I believe regulations. EPA #s are for basic scenarios; flat terrain, no wind, a certain speed.
Think of it as a base line so you can compare vehicles.
If you look at the MY versus say the Mach e, the Tesla id far more efficient ( looking at EPA Mpge) so I would guess the Cyber truck will be the best range of the trucks available but what it will be, especially under load is an unknown.

The Rivian 4 motor can be under $100K in a more basic configuration. So $140K is too high.

I don't think Tesla is going to be excited about building inexpensive Cybertrucks, but I doubt the high end goes much over $100K.

In hindsight it was ridiculous for Musk to emphasize the low low entry level price.

Reactions: AquaY
I don't think anyone could give you a real answer to that. Too many unknowns. @ Ogre is right, range #s will be unloaded. That's the correct way to do it and I believe regulations. EPA #s are for basic scenarios; flat terrain, no wind, a certain speed.
Think of it as a base line so you can compare vehicles.
If you look at the MY versus say the Mach e, the Tesla id far more efficient ( looking at EPA Mpge) so I would guess the Cyber truck will be the best range of the trucks available but what it will be, especially under load is an unknown.
Fords advertised number (330 I think) on the F-150 lighting is with 1k payload as they claim this is the most common use case for a truck and did not want customers guessing when buying a truck.

The Rivian 4 motor can be under $100K in a more basic configuration. So $140K is too high.

I don't think Tesla is going to be excited about building inexpensive Cybertrucks, but I doubt the high end goes much over $100K.

In hindsight it was ridiculous for Musk to emphasize the low low entry level price.
I don't think the Rivian will be = in terms of performance. I could see the top truck around $120K-140K

~CT advantages
o-60 in2.5
4 wheel steering
Crab crawl
better range
Full Size Truck (Rivian is narrower than a Ranger and shorter than F-150)

Reactions: kayak1