Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Owners - Preordering a Cybertruck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What does that happen to do with anything he said? I said I misread, but doesn't negate that I thought it would be over 100k.

Just like I said there wouldn't be a digital rear-view mirror.
That snippet is not the post I linked. Click it and you’ll see. This site doesn’t display the actual post I linked. He said you claimed over $100k months ago yet recently you claimed there weren’t rumors of it being a 50% increase over the initial pricing from 2019. Those two statement are directly at odds with each other.

That snippet is not the post I linked. Click it and you’ll see. This site doesn’t display the actual post I linked. He said you claimed over $100k months ago yet recently you claimed there weren’t rumors of it being a 50% increase over the initial pricing from 2019. Those two statement are directly at odds with each other.
Did you not read what I posted?

I misread the rumors, it was a mistake. I admitted this.

I was talking about official rumors.

Did you not read what I posted?

I misread the rumors, it was a mistake. I admitted this.

I was talking about official rumors.
Yes, I did and already commented on it. Not sure where this is going. Someone else other than you and me is making this a big deal. My point was more about the miles than the price. Commenting on one without the other doesnt give the whole picture.

Yes, I did and already commented on it. Not sure where this is going. Someone else other than you and me is making this a big deal. My point was more about the miles than the price. Commenting on one without the other doesnt give the whole picture.
I agree.

I was in the camp that Tesla would fall short on range and raise pricing.

Okay. Now that you two are on the same page ... I think this high price is temporary. I expect the price to drop once full production ramp is achieved (and as fewer remaining reservations are willing to shell out this post-inflation price), much like the ramp of all the other models once production-supply and demand started crossing.

I'll call it my win in 2025 or so. 😁

Couldn’t wait for my order, so I just printed one🤣🤣
IMG_0347.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: kayak1
Hope those prices go down…80k for the AWD is a little too rich for my blood but I won’t cancel my pre-order just yet. At a $100 deposit, it’s better than the current $250 deposit albeit they’re both refundable…… at least for the time being.

Hope those prices go down…80k for the AWD is a little too rich for my blood but I won’t cancel my pre-order just yet. At a $100 deposit, it’s better than the current $250 deposit albeit they’re both refundable…… at least for the time being.
I am doing the same. Which is a bad thing. I think if Tesla got a large amount of cancelations they would adjust the prices, but I don't think that's going to happen. I have an order for the tri-motor but was will change my order to the dual-motor. I am afraid they're going to put cheaper-looking rims on the dual motor. I think this because the range is better. I will be disappointed if they do this as the price of the upgrade rim might push it over the $80k for the federal credit. I hope I am wrong.

I am not cancelling mine yet because if the patterns hold true and the backlog is as long as it is, by the time they get to my number, it would have been out for a couple years and economies of scale and competitors trying to compete should dictate the prices will drop.

The worry Tesla has to have (and will probably react to) is if all these people hold onto their reservation and cancel when told to complete their purchase. That will jam up the works for Tesla very quickly and they will have to lower prices right away to try to mitigate all the 'false interest' at their current price point. We may see a 'Rivian Effect' with the Cybertruck like when Rivian tried to raise prices on all the reservations and people were cancelling or refusing to complete the purchase agreement until they decided to honor the original prices at a loss for active reservations. But again this is Tesla and the hype around the Cybertruck is massive compared to the Rivian R1T when it came out.

I am not cancelling mine yet because if the patterns hold true and the backlog is as long as it is, by the time they get to my number, it would have been out for a couple years and economies of scale and competitors trying to compete should dictate the prices will drop.

The worry Tesla has to have (and will probably react to) is if all these people hold onto their reservation and cancel when told to complete their purchase. That will jam up the works for Tesla very quickly and they will have to lower prices right away to try to mitigate all the 'false interest' at their current price point. We may see a 'Rivian Effect' with the Cybertruck like when Rivian tried to raise prices on all the reservations and people were cancelling or refusing to complete the purchase agreement until they decided to honor the original prices at a loss for active reservations. But again this is Tesla and the hype around the Cybertruck is massive compared to the Rivian R1T when it came out.

Don't worry about this. Look no further than the model S/3 roll out. It starts off with the highest trim level on sale first. And those who put a reservation towards that trim would get a chance to configure, while those who wanted the lower trims had to wait. New orders were still being accepted all the time. And if someone wanted the highest trim, then they would be put in the back of the line FOR-THAT-TRIM, which usually meant jumping in line ahead of everyone else (who didn't want to pay).

In this way, Tesla will know well in advance how many waiters there still were.

Edit: The price drops will happen when they get close to filling the mid-trim pre-orders. The lowest trim RWD may or may not EVER see the light of day, just like how the SR model Y appeared only VERY BRIEFLY.