Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Owners - Preordering a Cybertruck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nobody knows what they are doing for pricing.

Seems decreasingly likely that the launch prices will be available.

3+ years; within the past 3 years we had a "plague", "contested" election, row vs wade, record inflation, astronomical gas prices, etc.. etc..

Remember it was only a few years ago that Tesla was actively trying to meet expectations with respect to car deliveries. Now they have a back log of months. There are now so many entrants to the EV field, who knows? Perhaps Tesla will honor the prices. Hell, if there is a really, really bad recession (people losing jobs, etc.), there may be less prospective buyers.

This would truly be a Rivian Redo if they don't honor the pricing. Or they might do what they did with the Tri-motor reservation holders - cancel the trim entirely. I seriously HOPE NOT!
well, they removed the pricing on their website a while ago so I'd say that bodes poorly for the original pricing to be maintained.
As does the horribly high rate of inflation we are in today.
Also, they raised prices of their other vehicles so I would bet $ that it will be higher than first hoped.

Did they cancel the trimotor? i thought it was the single that was cancelled and they added a Quad.
I have a tri on order and will happily switch that to the Quad

well, they removed the pricing on their website a while ago so I'd say that bodes poorly for the original pricing to be maintained.
Also, they raised prices of their other vehicles so I would bet $ that it will be higher than first hoped.

Did they cancel the trimotor? i thought it was the single that was cancelled and they added a Quad.

Oh you're right! I was so bummed about the single motor being cancelled, that I didn't notice the tri-motor still existing. But they did say that they were going to build the dual and quad motor variants first! Originally, I had expected the tri-motor to be delivered first (since it was the top trim). When it got pushed back in priority, I made the wrong assumption that it would get cancelled. Keeping fingers crossed.

You are right that they have removed pricing a while ago. I would hope, and really hope that the people who reserved BEFORE they removed the pricing, they should honor. All reservations AFTER they removed the pricing, could be anything they want. But this is just my theory. By the way, I gave a call to TESLA rep and he said that Tesla should be able to honor the pricing, he himself had ordered a Dual motor like me.

Oh you're right! I was so bummed about the single motor being cancelled, that I didn't notice the tri-motor still existing. But they did say that they were going to build the dual and quad motor variants first! Originally, I had expected the tri-motor to be delivered first (since it was the top trim). When it got pushed back in priority, I made the wrong assumption that it would get cancelled. Keeping fingers crossed.
Tesla has not cancelled any trims.

Musk has not said any truck trims are cancelled.

What exactly the lineup will look like is unknown. Might just be dual motor and quad or who knows.

Everything else is guesswork people are passing as fact.

Reactions: AquaY
Will they honor the old pricing? When I ordered, they had 49k for dual motor.
I think we know the answer to this.
The price will be provided when you actually configure your vehicle and will be set at that time.
The Cycbertruck Pre-Order Agreement covers it.

It will be interesting to see what happens next year, by then Ford will have delivered some Lightnings and GM may even have started delivering their Chevy EV truck.

Tesla has not cancelled any trims.

Musk has not said any truck trims are cancelled.

What exactly the lineup will look like is unknown. Might just be dual motor and quad or who knows.

Everything else is guesswork people are passing as fact.

Question that isn't a guess... if you're an early adopter who gets their CT in the first few weeks after release; are you going to turn around and sell it for profit or keep/drive it?

Question that isn't a guess... if you're an early adopter who gets their CT in the first few weeks after release; are you going to turn around and sell it for profit or keep/drive it?
Problem is I sold my other truck too soon. If I flipped the Cybertruck, I'd have to go another ~18+ months without a truck and I very much like having a truck.

Also, my reservation is fairly early (~60k) but I don't think so early where it'll be commanding a big enough premium to be worth flipping.

If I could flip it for $100k profit? Probably. Gets harder and harder below there.

Problem is I sold my other truck too soon. If I flipped the Cybertruck, I'd have to go another ~18+ months without a truck and I very much like having a truck.

Also, my reservation is fairly early (~60k) but I don't think so early where it'll be commanding a big enough premium to be worth flipping.

If I could flip it for $100k profit? Probably. Gets harder and harder below there.

Yeah, I didn't get in on my pre-order until Saturday November 23, so I'm like 200,000 deep in line :( :( :(

Will probably end up with that Silverado EV.

Reactions: Ogre
The Kia EV9 has been announced for 2023. That might fit my needs better (depends on towing capacity). If it checks all the right boxes, I might sell my reservation - my reservation is within 24-hrs of the reveal, so it should be worth something to someone else.

Reactions: Ogre
The Kia EV9 has been announced for 2023. That might fit my needs better (depends on towing capacity). If it checks all the right boxes, I might sell my reservation - my reservation is within 24-hrs of the reveal, so it should be worth something to someone else.
Is that for in the US? I thought the initial sales weren't going to include the US.

Definitely a vehicle I'm interested in.

Is that for in the US? I thought the initial sales weren't going to include the US.

Definitely a vehicle I'm interested in.

I saw reports that it's being released sep 2023 in south Korea first, followed by Europe (but definitely in 2023). And then saw another report claiming H2 2023 for the US market, so I'm guessing dec 2023?

That timeline could put my cybertruck being available at the same time as the EV9.