Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - P, Diff rim size may void warranty?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,
Just picked up my Model Y Performance yesterday and Im ecstatic. Absolutely love the car, best car I've ever driven. However, upon browsing some Tesla Model Y facebook groups and reading on forums along with confirming it with a Sales advisor that I know of at the service centre, it appears that running different size rims may void your drivetrain warranty if it is determined that the wheel caused it.
My question is, has anyone ever had any issues with the MYP on different size rims for the long term. Any drivetrain issues or declination/voiding of warranty work due to different rim size?
It's my first "luxury" car and I just wanna make sure I have warranty for it for as long as I can.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,
Just picked up my Model Y Performance yesterday and Im ecstatic. Absolutely love the car, best car I've ever driven. However, upon browsing some Tesla Model Y facebook groups and reading on forums along with confirming it with a Sales advisor that I know of at the service centre, it appears that running different size rims may void your drivetrain warranty if it is determined that the wheel caused it.
My question is, has anyone ever had any issues with the MYP on different size rims for the long term. Any drivetrain issues or declination/voiding of warranty work due to different rim size?
It's my first "luxury" car and I just wanna make sure I have warranty for it for as long as I can.

Thanks!
You might want to post this over in the Model Y forum

Upvote 0