Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y P vs Rivian R1S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would not describe my Model Y suspension as “plush”. Maybe “Sporky” a cross between heavy and sporty. It is a fun car to drive and performance is quite good for as big/ heavy as it is. A little weight loss and air suspension would go a long ways though.

It's definitely Sporky. A Model Y with 4860 cells or RWD and smaller battery would drive/handle better. It is based on the Model 3 after all.

So I "downgraded" to a Mach-E RWD which handles exactly like a Model 3 (what I consider the best overall EV) to me. The Y is definitely piggy-ish and weight loss would help it's driving characteristics.

• Funny
Reactions: WhiteWi
I’m sure it does but the bulk of the revenue we’re talking about comes from those .01% of 1%. My taxes will likely not go up appreciably nor will most people’s.

People just love to complain about taxes. They’re a necessary part of living in a functioning society.
Such one dimensional thinking. If you really believe that this bill will cause no impact on average people (99% of population), you are living in alternate reality like “someone”.

Reactions: WhiteWi
I’m sure it does but the bulk of the revenue we’re talking about comes from those .01% of 1%. My taxes will likely not go up appreciably nor will most people’s.

People just love to complain about taxes. They’re a necessary part of living in a functioning society.
.01% of 1% of US population is 329 people. Are you saying BBB bill only increases taxes on 329 people to pay for all our electric cars and who knows what else?

Reactions: WhiteWi and nate704
Yes. Let’s tax the top 300 people at 70% and see how much revenue that’ll generate. I bet it’ll cover a fair bit of the EV credit.
Hell, let’s just do the top 15 in the country, not on their total wealth but just the wealth they accumulated during the pandemic. And let’s just do 30%.

That would net us a cool $20 billion.

Edit: darn it. I forgot a zero. That would net us a cool $200 billion. So, yes, the top .01% of the top 1% would just about cover us. But what are facts when arguing tax policy, eh?

Last edited:
Nah, it's moronic. The .1% don't buy an EV because of the rebate.
Sorry. You’re right. My point wasn’t about the top .01% buying anything because of a tax credit. It was in response to someone bemoaning how the credits would be paid for. That got lost in the replies along the way.

I was responding to this comment:

Model Y P vs Rivian R1S

Last edited:
Reactions: Canyonero
Sorry. You’re right. My point wasn’t about the top .01% buying anything because of a tax credit. It was in response to someone bemoaning how the credits would be paid for. That got lost in the replies along the way.

Model Y P vs Rivian R1S
No offense to you but the tax situation is all BS. 1%'ers should not be singled out just because they are 1%. What the gov should have been doping all along is making/forcing them to pay their fair share. Is that really so hard to do? If it was so damn hard to do you think a silly tax like this is fundamentally fair? If these ppl weren't paying their fair share before, you think they'd capitulate and pay now when it's obviously not fair and targeting them specifically? Close the damn loopholes and stop going after the middle class. The ev rebates, personally I find the limits to be insulting but that's a whole different topic.

No offense to you but the tax situation is all BS. 1%'ers should not be singled out just because they are 1%. What the gov should have been doping all along is making/forcing them to pay their fair share. Is that really so hard to do? If it was so damn hard to do you think a silly tax like this is fundamentally fair? If these ppl weren't paying their fair share before, you think they'd capitulate and pay now when it's obviously not fair and targeting them specifically? Close the damn loopholes and stop going after the middle class. The ev rebates, personally I find the limits to be insulting but that's a whole different topic.
We are in agreement.

Model Y P vs Rivian R1S
Those people create livelihoods of thousands people. Without them we would have many more looters and freeloaders. They pay already way more than most of the Americans. Rant over. Try and create your own business that will support thousands of people and then report back.

Reactions: nate704
Those people create livelihoods of thousands people. Without them we would have many more looters and freeloaders. They pay already way more than most of the Americans. Rant over. Try and create your own business that will support thousands of people and then report back.
Good for them. But there’s nothing anyone does that should increase their wealth in 19 months by an average of $50 billion. Nothing. And I’m not saying they should have to pay it all in taxes. Just the 30% rate that you and I pay.

Lol. Why stop at 70%? Just take 100% of their money and all of our problems will be solved.
This is such a common strategy when talking about raising the tax rate. Carry it to an absurd point to stifle the discussion. I’m not interested in that. A 30% tax rate is perfectly reasonable and I’m not suggesting anything more, really.

If you’re just going to use hyperbole to pull the discussion off track, have at it. But I won’t be engaging in that discussion with you.