Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y P with 19" & 275/45/19

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm taking delivery of a MY P this weekend and planned to replace the 21" wheels with 19" due to our garbage roads in Michigan.

TSPortline offers a 19" with 275/45/19 - which is bigger than standard. How would I beset know how much the speedometer will be off when driving?

Would you recommend using the bigger tire size vs. the OEM 255/45/19?

I'm taking delivery of a MY P this weekend and planned to replace the 21" wheels with 19" due to our garbage roads in Michigan.

TSPortline offers a 19" with 275/45/19 - which is bigger than standard. How would I beset know how much the speedometer will be off when driving?

Would you recommend using the bigger tire size vs. the OEM 255/45/19?
Tire Size Comparison: Tire Size Comparison

When using the OE rear tire size (275/35R-21) for comparison, there is a negligible 0.3% difference in circumference and diameter; the speedometer will read low by ~0.2 MPH at 70 MPH.

Reactions: TZLAFAN85
T-sportline also offers 255/45/19 -- I know because that's what I got from them. I'd avoid the 275 as the added width is unnecessary and will negatively affect your range.

Using the tire size comparison link above, you can see the difference in odometer reading is more or less negligible.