Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Parcel Shelf

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Dangerous Fish

Pilots the Millennium Milkfloat
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2016
UK
In the UK we now have a few RHD MYs Tesla are using as demonstrators. They don't have a rear parcel shelf or the lips to take one but Tesla told me today they thought some RHD cars were being delivered in HK with the parcel shelf fitted.

Can anyone confirm this?

Reactions: positiv
46699D4D-EFC9-4542-B8DD-FE1CE4A6E841.jpeg

Reactions: sircoynie
Did they give the part numbers for the retrofit? I have a UK Model Y on order and would be prepared to ship the prt from HK is it’s available (ie including the side bits)

Only the first couple of months of deliveries came without a parcel shelf, all new builds since December 2021 should have the shelf already installed (which was the case in HK).

There is no part number, as you had to call the local service centre and quote your VIN number so they already knew who needed one, based on the VIN, there is also no side bits, its just one piece that slides into the slots.

EDIT: Looking at the first few UK delivery videos, it appears none of those Model Ys have a parcel shelf, so you may have to call your local service centre and ask when it will be made available in the UK.

Last edited:
Only the first couple of months of deliveries came without a parcel shelf, all new builds since December 2021 should have the shelf already installed (which was the case in HK).

There is no part number, as you had to call the local service centre and quote your VIN number so they already knew who needed one, based on the VIN, there is also no side bits, its just one piece that slides into the slots.

EDIT: Looking at the first few UK delivery videos, it appears none of those Model Ys have a parcel shelf, so you may have to call your local service centre and ask when it will be made available in the UK.
Unfortunately the service centres in UK just say there is no plans to have a parcel shelf. I was just thinking if it was possible to get one from a HK service centre and ship it over to UK (but would have to include the side bits with the plastic coming out to hold the shelf).

Unfortunately the service centres in UK just say there is no plans to have a parcel shelf. I was just thinking if it was possible to get one from a HK service centre and ship it over to UK (but would have to include the side bits with the plastic coming out to hold the shelf).
It seems from the post above yours that there aren't any modifications required to the side panels. We just need the parcel shelf!

It seems from the post above yours that there aren't any modifications required to the side panels. We just need the parcel shelf!
I believe there are - UK Model Y owners have all reported there is no ridge on the sides for the shelf to sit on, unfortunately. So my guess is these parts would require replacing (although hard to tell from the parts catalogue if these are the right bits!)

1494608-00-G
1494609-00-G

I believe there are - UK Model Y owners have all reported there is no ridge on the sides for the shelf to sit on, unfortunately. So my guess is these parts would require replacing (although hard to tell from the parts catalogue if these are the right bits!)

1494608-00-G
1494609-00-G
You may have to wait for a 3rd party aftermarket solution to arrive on the market, especially if the UK version has no moulded slots for the original parcel shelf.

Tesla parts have just told me that the MY parcel shelf will be available to buy from the UK Tesla website once they have stock, but they are saying MY parts are generally difficult to get hold of currently so there will be a wait.
I'll hold on for the Tesla shelf to come available.

Reactions: mhuk01
Tesla parts have just told me that the MY parcel shelf will be available to buy from the UK Tesla website once they have stock, but they are saying MY parts are generally difficult to get hold of currently so there will be a wait.
I'll hold on for the Tesla shelf to come available.
Thanks for the info - was that from a service centre? The third party ones seem a bit ugly, with having to stick extra bits on the sides to work.

Reactions: JDEWD250
Hello all

Just placed an order to lease a Model Y after a bit of deliberation.

One point I am not sure on is doe the latest UK models come with a parcel shelf or not? Seems an odd omission on a hatchback car - especially at a £50k+ price range?

Andrew

Reactions: positiv