Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model y parts shortage ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

Is anyone else having problems getting service done on their model Y due to parts being unavailable?

I’ve had my service appointment rescheduled 7 times already through the automated text message. It’s because I’m taking time off work. I can’t speak to a live person, and if I do they have no clue about anything. I’m thinking of just cancelling it all together until this COVID thing is over

• Love
Reactions: Alset Srotom
I did. Had a few problems with model Y as soon as I got it. Over a month waiting for parts. Rescheduled on me too, saying waiting on parts. They went I finally took it to shop. They looked at car, but told me the had to order same parts. Guess they never got them. Weeks later and car is back in shop now to install those parts. Was told today that a tech damaged my car and now I waiting for more parts.

• Funny
Reactions: BMax_V.2
Oh snap! That couldn't have been a fun call to take!
No one called me yet, just a very cheerful text about it. Lol.
Someone was supposed to call today, but didn’t. I been so busy with work today, I didn’t have time to call. Going to call tomorrow.
I am not angry about it, *sugar* happens and they are fixing it. I just really worried about the time to get parts.
I am just glad Tesla owned up to it, and repairing it. I had a ford dealership employee mess up my bumper On my mustang one time and then denied they did it. So yeah, could be worst.

No one called me yet, just a very cheerful text about it. Lol.
Someone was supposed to call today, but didn’t. I been so busy with work today, I didn’t have time to call. Going to call tomorrow.
I am not angry about it, *sugar* happens and they are fixing it. I just really worried about the time to get parts.
I am just glad Tesla owned up to it, and repairing it. I had a ford dealership employee mess up my bumper On my mustang one time and then denied they did it. So yeah, could be worst.
Well best of a bad situation and you're certainly being a grown up about it!

Great attitude! I hope it all works out in the end.

Reactions: preilly44
I'm very hesitant about going through with the purchase now with reading about so many people having issues with their brand new car and then having to leave it in the shops for days and weeks. Also considering that now I'm WFH and not needing to commute.

I'm very hesitant about going through with the purchase now with reading about so many people having issues with their brand new car and then having to leave it in the shops for days and weeks. Also considering that now I'm WFH and not needing to commute.
This will be my first TESLA but I'm expecting imperfections just because it seems that's par for the course. Yes it sucks, especially for an $80k car (in Canada) but it's also the best EV on the market IMO, so I'm taking the good with the bad.

Nearly two weeks later and numerous completion delays, caused in part by out of stock parts. Mind you I can literally chunk a rock from where I am and smack Tesla factory right in the nose.

I'm in good spirit however and fortunate to have a hooptie to take me around in the mean time.

This is typical with all new vehicles that are in super demand initially.

Takes some time for the Service Centers to get stocked up on parts, get trained on their service and installation.

After a time they develop a feeling for what parts are going to be needed stocked at the centers, or stockpiled at the factory for quick shippment.

Had the same thing initially with the roll outs of...
Roadster.
Model S
Model X
Model 3
Model Y.

Just one of the realities of buying a newly released vehicle.

Lots of parts are already in the pipeling and more will be added, but if you are that one guy, who needs a backordered part, that is always hard to take.

Reactions: jsight and BMax_V.2
Curious to hear how your experience with the Austin service team goes (I caught the Tx in your handle), if you don’t mind updating here? I just reserved a MY in Austin and the google reviews of the service center aren’t great. Seams like a lot of the same issues you’re describing.