Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Perfomance rear-ended - is it fixable?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got rear-ended by a 95 F-150. Car took a hard hit. Will this be a total loss? Trunk lid does not close anymore. Everything is misaligned.

2022-06-29_12-37-26.jpg

2022-06-29_12-37-59.jpg

2022-06-29_12-38-29.jpg

Wow, that looks like it got hit pretty hard. Hope everyone's OK.

Is the hatch lid not closing because it got bent / the attachment points got bent, or is there further damage to the frame? Are there other parts of the body that are misaligned other than what's shown? Frame damage will be the difference between repairable or totalled.

Based on what's shown, if the hatch can be replaced, I'd say it's fixable without totalling it.

My wild guess would be around $14k-18k repair.

Upvote 0
Almost same happened to my MY.

~15k and 2 months in a Tesla approved shop (+1.5 months to get into the queue).

P.S: Was supposedly fixed today but at the last minute got an email stating that the "front" window calibration is wonky now. So, it is now going to Tesla service center to get that straightened out.

Upvote 0
Wow, that looks like it got hit pretty hard. Hope everyone's OK.

Is the hatch lid not closing because it got bent / the attachment points got bent, or is there further damage to the frame? Are there other parts of the body that are misaligned other than what's shown? Frame damage will be the difference between repairable or totalled.

Based on what's shown, if the hatch can be replaced, I'd say it's fixable without totalling it.

My wild guess would be around $14k-18k repair.
I didn’t notice any frame damage since I have the tow hitch and that looks like it hasn’t shifted. The hatch is completely squashed and the bumper and rear assembly have shifted making the hatch not line up to the latch. Other panels seem aligned still.

Upvote 0
Almost same happened to my MY.

~15k and 2 months in a Tesla approved shop (+1.5 months to get into the queue).

P.S: Was supposedly fixed today but at the last minute got an email stating that the "front" window calibration is wonky now. So, it is now going to Tesla service center to get that straightened out.
Wow. I was hoping to enjoy driving this summer with zero fueling costs as I have solar panels. I guess I will bank my credits for the winter 😔

Upvote 0
Had almost same situation. Took 3.5 months at a Tesla Collision center and coat 19$k in repairs. Haven’t discussed diminished value with GEICO yet. Hoping to get around 6K but my guess is it’ll likely be more like 4$. Anyone have any numbers for their experience.

Upvote 0