Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance £ premium

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good post. I spec'ed my MYLR with the white leathers and accidentally added the Tow Bar so the price was £60,09. I could not stomach those Gemini alloys so once you add those costs on you are looking at £66ish.

On the inventory page I saw a white-on-white P and I switched the order. If I look at the resale value between M3 and M3P it holds better value. I also have driven very aggressive cars in my life M3, M4, 440d X Drive. When test-driving the LR I found the suspension to roll slightly and was concerned about the breaks.

I have obviously not test driven the P, however, the better breaking, suspensation and aggressive nature to me is not worth £10k. If they added something else on the interior it would. Bucket seats, head's up display etc.

So why am I spending the extra £10k? What else is on the market? I test-drove the new M340d/i LCI version BMW have made thier new cars feel quite numb. EV for £70k there is nothing really out there.

I see myself keeping my Model YP for a number of years, I am single, not married. That will happen soon and kids would come. It serves its purpose. I'd hope I could sell it for £30-£40 in 3-4 years time, by that time the market will be flooded with MYLR and R but I doubt their would be many performances on the market.

Meh if I loose 10k on some fun, I loose 10k.

Was this for LR? not bad a all. I assume you need to trade in, you are unable to trade in for cash?
Nah - paid cash for the LR and am test driving YP tomorrow