Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance 21"- Pirelli or Michelin?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else have any real tire experience with the 21 ubers? Not asking about the 20s. I would also like to know if there are all season tires for the performance ubers that will give you 20k to 30k miles life. I don't plan on tracking and the all season will be plenty of traction with the all wheel drive for me.
Michelin AS4s are out now in 255 for fronts. They are guaranteed to 45k miles and suppose to handle very well for all seasons.

Reactions: PackMan730
My Sister and I have the same car. 21 Model Y Performance. I am in Florida and got the Pirellie P-Zeros and she is in Pennsylvania and got Michelin All Seasons. She replaced her tires last year at about 15-18k miles, and I still have my Pirellis with 28,000 miles on them. She has windy roads and is what they call an aggressive driver. I am an aggressive driver, but don't have a lot of windy roads. So I am ready to order some tires, and am thinking I don't want to mess with success, I am happy with the Pirellis why switch it up?

My Sister and I have the same car. 21 Model Y Performance. I am in Florida and got the Pirellie P-Zeros and she is in Pennsylvania and got Michelin All Seasons. She replaced her tires last year at about 15-18k miles, and I still have my Pirellis with 28,000 miles on them. She has windy roads and is what they call an aggressive driver. I am an aggressive driver, but don't have a lot of windy roads. So I am ready to order some tires, and am thinking I don't want to mess with success, I am happy with the Pirellis why switch it up?

That's interesting, I'm a relatively aggressive driver and the Michelins still look good at 25.5k miles. I had the Pirelli's on the previous MYP. This one also came with Pirellis but I traded with a person who lived nearby. The Pirellis definitely have more grip but I wanted the all season capability to take my daughter up the mountains on the weekends for snow sports. I don't think you can wrong with either tire.

For what its worth, I think the Michelin's are much softer tires that the Pirelli's. I made the switch to the Michelins and notice they pick up lots of pebbles/rocks that get stuck in the soft rubber. I never noticed this with the Pirelli's. I only had the new tires on for 4 months this summer before switching to the winter setup. Once I had them off my car, I spent time with a screw driver picking the rocks out. I'm guessing they will have shorter life than the Pirelli's. They handle great though ;)

I have the Michelin that came with the car and have between 7/32 and 8/32 after 13k miles. The car is not in chill mode, but I'm also not launching it. After 17k miles with my last MYP, there was also hardly any wear with the same tires. Your driving style will definitely impact the wear. I drive mostly in PA, but go to NY with it about a week a month.