Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance 21" Tires - Larger, More Comfortable Fitment Details and Experience - Michelin AS4's (With Photos)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any data on efficiency and performance gains/losses with that set up?
A836FCA4-EC3D-44D6-99CE-A6FD92909439.jpeg

Here’s a 100+ mile drive. The estimation is based on OEM tire size.

OP, I don't know about the Michelins, but my Continentals in the same sizes get very slight rubbing in the front with full lock, but only in reverse. Why they don't rub moving forward is a mystery. It's a super minor issue, of course, more than outweighed by all the plusses you list.

OP, I don't know about the Michelins, but my Continentals in the same sizes get very slight rubbing in the front with full lock, but only in reverse. Why they don't rub moving forward is a mystery. It's a super minor issue, of course, more than outweighed by all the plusses you list.
The Michelins definitely don’t. I’ve driven 7k miles on this setup since writing. Pulling in and out of all sorts of scenarios. Never even close

Reactions: saj070
This weekend I'm doing 275/35 in front and 295/35 in rear with Michelin Pilot sport AS4. Per Redevil, it doesn't rub soo. I'm running with it! Hate the stretched look!
FYI bigger size do not rub. I went with thicker wall thickness because looking for a smoother ride . It definitely made a huge difference going over speed bump and imperfect roads in Chicagoland

Good luck definitely Mitchell. Tires you want to go with

The timing of this thread is perfect. I have a 2020 MYP with 25000 miles and the tires are nearly done. I love the look of the 21's, but hate how I feel every crack in the road. I've been debating trading in my Uberturbines for some smaller 19's with a big side wall, but don't like the look of the smaller rims. I love the look of the 40's on the pictures you guys have posted and hearing that it softens the ride is highly appealing. Having the speedometer slightly off bothers me, but I believe that they will add the feature to adjust tire size in the service menu to fix this. Before I go throw my credit card down at the tire shop next door to my business, give me one last assessment of your experience so far with these tires. Any rubbing yet?

The timing of this thread is perfect. I have a 2020 MYP with 25000 miles and the tires are nearly done. I love the look of the 21's, but hate how I feel every crack in the road. I've been debating trading in my Uberturbines for some smaller 19's with a big side wall, but don't like the look of the smaller rims. I love the look of the 40's on the pictures you guys have posted and hearing that it softens the ride is highly appealing. Having the speedometer slightly off bothers me, but I believe that they will add the feature to adjust tire size in the service menu to fix this. Before I go throw my credit card down at the tire shop next door to my business, give me one last assessment of your experience so far with these tires. Any rubbing yet?
I have only had the tires 6 days did 200 miles love the ride smooth no rubbing highly recommend

Comparing to old summer perilli tires 50% improvement in ride very solid stick to the road

I have zero regrets I would highly recommend it

If you can get a deal price match and double dio with manufacturing rebates you can't go wrong

Dont go with cheap tires. 25k miles is NOT good. I could have easily gone 40k on these michelins but I got new tires at 3/32 @37k miles. pirellis are garbage for longevity, and Michele AS perform just as good.

I have no regrets! i've gone 8k miles on them now and zero rubbing. the only time I was worried they would is turning into a parking lot off a 45mph+ road where you dont get much time to slow down, and they've never rubbed.

The ONLY thing ive noticed I wish didn't happen is FSD Beta formulates its turn vector based on tire diameter. so it does some turns a little wide, touching the adjacent lane line if entering a 4 lane road. but its not a deal breaker and hasn't put me in a dangerous position. I do believe in the future you'll be able to specify your tire diameter since a lot relies on it, including the spedometer and odometer.