Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance 21" Tires - Larger, More Comfortable Fitment Details and Experience - Michelin AS4's (With Photos)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by Discount Tire yesterday and was advised that corporate won't even let them install the 265 & 295/40/21 tire combo. Ridiculous!
I ran into this issue with Pep Boys and Peerless Tires 4 Less. Tire World eventually installed the tires albeit their service techs weren’t exactly thrilled about doing it. Management backed me up and basically told them it’s whatever the customer wants so get it done.

IMG_7798.jpeg

255/40 R21 Michelin Pilot Sport EV in the front
275/40 R21 Michelin Pilot Sport EV in the rear

same efficiency as the hem Pirelli 35 series
Drives and looks imho much better and has decent sidewall protection

Big shout out to @Raurele! Just got the 265/295 combo tires installed and MASSIVE improvement! The vehicle drives so much better from steering feel to comfort going over bumps, potholes, etc. No idea why Tesla doesn't come with these sizes from the factory. Thanks for this thread and others who've contributed to it!

Unfortunately Discount Tire did chip the finish off one of my front wheels. Didn't notice it until I got home and was cleaning the lubricant they use to install the tires off the wheels. About to head up there now to see how they want to fix the issue.

Attachments

• Wheel Chip.jpg
    Wheel Chip.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 261
So I have a full set, 295/40 amd 265/40, for my 2021 MYP sitting at Pep Boys. They’ll install them but informed me I need 4 TPMS service kits, and that by federal law they cannot install without them.

I can’t find them, not even a part number. Can anyone help?
Hmm... any reputable tire shop has them in stock... American tire did. Go to your local service center and pick some up. or at an American tire lol

Who put the tires on for you? Costco tire menstion they would put tires on your car within spec of 8% max if you going either a bigger than normal size. My other question is now your 40 instead of 35’s how many pounds of air in the rim?
I live in The Netherlands(Europe) and don't have the responsibility/liability thing here. I bought the tires online in Germany and got them mounted locally at a place called Bandimex in Rotterdam. They do care but also know I like to experiment with tires and sizes.

Reactions: bnsn