Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance $63,990 Reservation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure if it is possible to sell/transfer my reservation. I placed this order in November 2021. I'll sell this reservation for $67,440. I'm in Washington DC. Thanks.

Screen Shot 2022-04-03 at 10.31.25 PM.png

Hello. I received messages from over half a dozen people on this forum. All of them were too scared to take over someone else’s reservation. I took my reservation out of hold based on one person wanting it. That person suddenly stopped communicating with me. Anyways, giving my offer to sell my reservation until Sunday then I will cancel it. Thanks.

Hello. I received messages from over half a dozen people on this forum. All of them were too scared to take over someone else’s reservation. I took my reservation out of hold based on one person wanting it. That person suddenly stopped communicating with me. Anyways, giving my offer to sell my reservation until Sunday then I will cancel it. Thanks.
I’m in Boston, I’d like to buy the car but not the reservation sadly.

Hello. I just noticed new posts. My experience with transferring account ownership follows. I changed all details (e.g., name, phone number, mailing address) online. Then changed a configuration (e.g., exterior color). Said minor change to configuration generated a new order (available online and sent through email). New order had new info (name, phone number, mailing address), but same delivery date and same price adjustment per original order. I guess a change in configuration (e.g., from 5-seater to 7-seater for Model Y Long Range) would likely delay delivery date.

Then buyer and I agreed on 50% payment now upon account transfer. That is, change email address from mine to his. However, his email address cannot be one associated with a Tesla account. Otherwise, error will be triggered when attempting to change to an email address already associated with Tesla account. Remaining 50% upon vehicle delivery. I took a chance on that & got 50% so far. Buyer has been updating me every day and expect VIN to be assigned next week.

Keep in mind that I had picked delivery location (step 1), but did not submit my registration information (step 2). Buyer called Tesla and changed delivery location.