Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance 7 seater

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know why the MYP 7 seater has not been an option?
Anyone know when it will be an option?

I have a 7 seat MYLR order coming up for delivery, June 18th to July 16th which I can still edit the design of and has a $6k price discount. I'd seriously consider changing this to a MYP if the 7 seat option was available.

I have a 7 seat MYLR order coming up for delivery, June 18th to July 16th which I can still edit the design of and has a $6k price discount. I'd seriously consider changing this to a MYP if the 7 seat option was available.
adding extra weight to the performance model doesn't make sense, which will lose performance and efficiency/range.

I ordered this configuration on announcement day in March 2019. Once 7 seater production started around Jan 2021, that configuration was cancelled. I had to change to LR7. Tesla likes to streamline production line so I doubt they'll make such a low demand configuration.

One Youtuber was comparing the 5 and 7 seats, and recommended the 7 seats because the second row seats have a better design.

The second row seats can slide, so you can increase your trunk size while still having rear passengers,
and I belive you can adjust the inclination of the back seat.

The third row when folded doesn't take space when folded and the location occupied by the seats when folded was not realy easy to access anyway.

Reactions: Andy7
The second row seats can slide, so you can increase your trunk size while still having rear passengers,
and I belive you can adjust the inclination of the back seat.

The third row when folded doesn't take space when folded and the location occupied by the seats when folded was not realy easy to access anyway.
Yes the rear seats recline and the button for it is in the more intuitive place (next to the seat bottom).

You lose about an 1" of floor space in the trunk and of course the second storage compartment. You can however store things under the 2nd row seats (not much).

I'm not sure that inch matters unless you REALLY need it for something specific, I personally haven't run into a situation where that 1" would have made a difference.

Reactions: Andy7
Yes the rear seats recline and the button for it is in the more intuitive place (next to the seat bottom).

You lose about an 1" of floor space in the trunk and of course the second storage compartment. You can however store things under the 2nd row seats (not much).

I'm not sure that inch matters unless you REALLY need it for something specific, I personally haven't run into a situation where that 1" would have made a difference.
Thank for following up, obviously I don't have a MY 7-seats to assure that my comments were correct.

The reclining and sliding features seems to be nice, but I would not spend $3k for it
and lose some storage space, unless I have some usage of the extra 2 smaller 3rd row seats.

Storage space lost is very insignificant. 7-seat LR with acceleration boost is quite quick amd is more practical than MYP.
Not sure how that is the correct statement. Those two 3rd row seat is not for human. even my 5 and 2 year old kids didn't want to sit in there. Also, you lose the trunk space. How is the 7 seater more practical than MYP?

I thnk is should be referred to as a 5+2. A lot of sports cars are considered 2+2's and thats basically how the 3rd row is. As for trunk space you barely lose any. The 2nd row seats give 1" more of leg room (when 3rd row isnt in use), and you can also store stuff under the 2nd row seats (albeit a very small amount)

3rd row has been amazing for us. We have a 2 yr old and 8 month old. Did 2500 mile trip with 3 adults and both kids in big car seats comfortably. Wouldn't have been possible in our BMW x5 5 seats. I expect to utilize the 3rd row often in the years ahead.

Once youngest is 10 or something we might outgrow the use and stop using it. It's laughably small for an adult. If you don't have young kids it might go unused. I'd still probably rather have it than not as the flexibility even to put an adult there for a 10 minute drive to dinner is a nice benefit and the con is only a tiny nearly insignificant loss of cargo space.