Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance Delivery ETA Pulled for New Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Princeton/Lawrenceville. i was befuddled that they would do this. Like it is a 911 or something! very disappointed but in the end maybe it was supposed to be? I'm still thinking they are going to implement some of the Model 3 improvements like the double pane side glass auto dim mirrors and that much better center console. fingers crossed!!

If you purchased a Ferrari or Lamborghini do they come with all season tires? Honestly I'm not sure but the fact the myp doesn't shouldn't be a reason to not ship them

If a Tesla buyer is looking for pure performance (summer tires) over versatility or utility, why choose a Model Y over a Model 3? To me, summer tires with a lowered suspension on a Model 3 fits the sports sedan profile, but being limited to them can take away from much of what makes the Model Y appealing.

Reactions: jsight
If you purchased a Ferrari or Lamborghini do they come with all season tires? Honestly I'm not sure but the fact the myp doesn't shouldn't be a reason to not ship them

Read into summer tire production. All tire company’s produce extra stock then kill them for the colder months and produce winter tires. In the case of most cars with summer tires tho it’s low production vehicles. Lambo, Ferrari, mclaren, gt500, Bugatti, Audi rs/r8, bmw m-series.

Can you think of a model that would sell more than the MYP at this time that only comes with summer tires? They got a couple out there that do sell decent numbers but they come with all seasons and have some form of track pack or performance pack that adds the summer tires. I may be forgetting about a model somewhere tho. The corvette may but it’s currently out of production and I don’t know how production happens on the run flats they come with.

Just called pirelli and asked them about those tires and the nationwide back order. She confirmed it’s a seasonal and said that those types of tires usually go back into production middle-end of January so they can get them out there for the warmer months.

Just stopped in at a different sc than my local one they were super nice and even checked on my order she said my particular model is scheduled to be built end of October and delivered beginning to middle of November she said they are also telling people that the performance models come with summer tires but they offer a winter tire package for 5500.

Just stopped in at a different sc than my local one they were super nice and even checked on my order she said my particular model is scheduled to be built end of October and delivered beginning to middle of November she said they are also telling people that the performance models come with summer tires but they offer a winter tire package for 5500.

They got jokes on the winter tire package. But yea I’m still scheduled too but I guess we will see. Can’t exactly sell with tires you can’t get. What color did you order?

Well I just got a nasty call back from the person at pirelli I talked too earlier. Went hostile on me for posting about the tires not being produced and the line being used for other tires. Unsure if it was on here or the official Tesla forums comment I made. Apparently they aren’t allowed to say if a tire is even in stock to anyone from what I got out of his rant at me. After 5 minutes I just hung up.

Makes me want to get away from pirelli even more since they are the only brand that doesn’t warranty tires based on the wear rating they give a tire.

Tesla should just offer the performance model with the 20” Inductions w/all season high performance tires or 21” Uberturbines with summer performance tires. Let the consumer pick their option.

i saw Costco has the rear Michelin’s listed now. So we’re just waiting for the fronts to come out in all season. Guy said they warranty for half the rated miles (22.5k) but they will help out when it’s time for new ones upto around 30% off.

Ordered a Grey/Black Y performance on 9/21 in Columbus, OH and have not heard anything. At the time it was 5-9 weeks. SC today suggested I should hear something in ~two weeks and get a VIN. I also agree that offering the 20 inch wheels with all seasons for a $2K savings would be a viable option for many of us.

Well I just got a nasty call back from the person at pirelli I talked too earlier. Went hostile on me for posting about the tires not being produced and the line being used for other tires. Unsure if it was on here or the official Tesla forums comment I made. Apparently they aren’t allowed to say if a tire is even in stock to anyone from what I got out of his rant at me. After 5 minutes I just hung up.

Unless they made you sign a NDA, don’t worry about it. Sounds like someone told you something they were not supposed to.