Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance Fremont build 537xxx

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my new Model Y Performance this morning. Fortunately, no cosmetic issues. Although, it was 104F weather but I did a quick walk around - looks to be in good shape. This is our third Tesla. I traded in my Model 3 Long Range.

This build does not have the cargo cover. The sales person said that at the moment, those are on the 4680 Model Ys only and in Texas. The vin is 537xxx so it was recently built, probably within the last two weeks.

I was told that this build has two changes.
  • The dash trim now extends to the doors
  • The door cargo below the window and unlock buttons are now carpetted. Sales guy says people have complained that when they store objects there, it would scratch the sides so they put that felt material.

One thing to note is the new user profile update isn't found in my MYP. It is on my wife's MYLR. The software version on the MYP is 2022.15.103 while our other MYLR is on 2022.24.5. I had to set all my stuff over. Would've been great to "move right in". I'm sure it'll get it in the next few days.

I still feel my M3LR to be quicker than the MYP. Maybe it's the weight difference? I will miss my M3LR but I've always wanted bigger cars and because of EVs, I can now afford one.

I am fortunate because I placed the order August 17, 2022. I got my VIN August 24. I got it today August 31. Just made it in time for the $750 California rebate. The process was different as well than my Model 3, my wife's Model Y, and the Model X we ordered last year (still waiting). This MYP, mostly everything is done through the Tesla app.

I can't wait to get a bike rack on this thing so me and my boy can go riding. Also excited for our MXLR order. Wife is trading her MYLR for it. Supposed to come next month... maybe.

Attachments

• car_vin.jpg
    car_vin.jpg
    500 KB · Views: 309
  • door_trim_update.jpg
    door_trim_update.jpg
    719.7 KB · Views: 207
  • door_storage.jpg
    door_storage.jpg
    692.7 KB · Views: 209
Super hot this week here in Utah when I picked up my MYP. I stayed connected to the free charger where they do the deliveries and charge the demo cars during my inspection and set up. Full AC blowing for free. Fremont F539 No Cargo Cover either. Car was nearly flawless and came with all season tires.

Extremely odd part was no one walked me out to the car. It almost felt surreal to by something this expense and points out the window and there go you...see you later!

Reactions: Watts_Up and w1n78
Super hot this week here in Utah when I picked up my MYP. I stayed connected to the free charger where they do the deliveries and charge the demo cars during my inspection and set up. Full AC blowing for free. Extremely odd part was no one walked me out to the car. It almost felt surreal to by something this expense and points out the window and there go you...see you later!
i love the experience. not counting me inspecting the vehicle, i traded my M3LR and signed the paperwork - took like 8 minutes, most of it is them printing the paperwork i had to sign. even with me inspecting, it was less than an hour. my original delivery was saturday but they were able to squeeze me in today to get in last minute rebate. i told them it's my 3rd tesla, you won't need to hold my hand.

we bought a toyota corolla hybrid 2 months ago as a delivery car for my wife's business. took 4 hours. credit application, credit check, paperwork. them giving you a guilt trip coz we didn't want gap insurance, prepaid maintenance, blah blah. it's a pain. and we buy our cars from the same toyota dealer, from the fleet manager. we always get out the door pricing and everything so we know to the penny how much it is. that part is fine, but they just can't seem to get rid of the other parts or at least take care of things before we go to the dealership.

tesla makes it seemless. before we get there, mostly every thing is done. all they do is print like 8 pages and i signed 3 things. done!

I picked up my new Model Y Performance this morning. Fortunately, no cosmetic issues. Although, it was 104F weather but I did a quick walk around - looks to be in good shape. This is our third Tesla. I traded in my Model 3 Long Range.

This build does not have the cargo cover. The sales person said that at the moment, those are on the 4680 Model Ys only and in Texas. The vin is 537xxx so it was recently built, probably within the last two weeks.

I was told that this build has two changes.
  • The dash trim now extends to the doors
  • The door cargo below the window and unlock buttons are now carpetted. Sales guy says people have complained that when they store objects there, it would scratch the sides so they put that felt material.

One thing to note is the new user profile update isn't found in my MYP. It is on my wife's MYLR. The software version on the MYP is 2022.15.103 while our other MYLR is on 2022.24.5. I had to set all my stuff over. Would've been great to "move right in". I'm sure it'll get it in the next few days.

I still feel my M3LR to be quicker than the MYP. Maybe it's the weight difference? I will miss my M3LR but I've always wanted bigger cars and because of EVs, I can now afford one.

I am fortunate because I placed the order August 17, 2022. I got my VIN August 24. I got it today August 31. Just made it in time for the $750 California rebate. The process was different as well than my Model 3, my wife's Model Y, and the Model X we ordered last year (still waiting). This MYP, mostly everything is done through the Tesla app.

I can't wait to get a bike rack on this thing so me and my boy can go riding. Also excited for our MXLR order. Wife is trading her MYLR for it. Supposed to come next month... maybe.
Thanks for the pics. Nice to be able to see the new stuff.

Reactions: w1n78