Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance Handling Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello - we just picked up our second Model Y Performance about a month ago. For some reason, it doesn't handle nearly as well as our first Model Y Performance - the handling just feels off. The first one is very light-footed, planted and the steering is sharp and accurate. This isn't the case with the second one.

I've checked the tire pressures, and they're perfect. Both cars also have the same wheels and Pirelli tires, and both cars have the steering set to sport. The new one does drift a bit to the right, but it may be the crown of the road.

Any ideas what could be causing this? Could it be an alignment issue from the factory? Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks for your help.

Alignment is def the first thing I'd have checked. In the past (other cars), ive been amazed at how a bad alignment (after I've replaced some suspension parts up front, and the drive to the alignment shop wasnt too far away) can drastically impact a cars handling.