Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance.. Long Range? You

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So me and my buddy ordered our Model Y Performance Teslas but I was wondering if there is such thing as a Long Range Performance model Y. His says it’s a regular model y performance but mine says long range performance. It’s from the tesla app, is there such a thing as a long range performance model Y? 1C6AF84A-1D47-4E71-98A8-57798A0C1B70.pngAB024805-BED5-4533-9A7B-5B2E6DEE828B.png

The models with actual hardware differences are Performance, and Long Range. What you have selected there is a Long Range with a $2k (US) software performance boost. The actual Performance model has different motors to drive more power and less range than even the Long Range with the performance software boost. All of this is in the US, so if you are in a different country I'm assuming it's a similar.

Reactions: kindofblue
The models with actual hardware differences are Performance, and Long Range. What you have selected there is a Long Range with a $2k (US) software performance boost. The actual Performance model has different motors to drive more power and less range than even the Long Range with the performance software boost. All of this is in the US, so if you are in a different country I'm assuming it's a similar.
Thank you for your reply much appreciated. However I know for sure we both ordered the performance model because we paid the exact same price just different days. I use to have the model Y long range and sold it to get the performance model so I know it’s not a long range with the boost. If I wanted the boost all I had to do was add that through the app instead of purchasing a whole new car. I am in canada though so maybe it’s different here. I would be ecstatic if it is a long range performance model! If that even exists (it’s a 2022)

Hi! This may be covered elsewhere but im still learning this site. If I order a texas model Y performance but switch wheels to the 19” one without hubcaps or ive seen the model 3 performance with 20” wheels (dont know if they’re compatible but maybe someone would trade), will the range go up on the performance model Y?

Hi! This may be covered elsewhere but im still learning this site. If I order a texas model Y performance but switch wheels to the 19” one without hubcaps or ive seen the model 3 performance with 20” wheels (dont know if they’re compatible but maybe someone would trade), will the range go up on the performance model Y?
You'll get some more range due to weight savings but not much. The difference in the range of the two models is in their power delivery and motors. In any case you will not end up with the range of a LR if you simply swap wheels.

The Performance Model Y and the Long Range Model Y do have different spec motors. At constant highway speed the main difference in efficiency would be due to the wheels, tires. Tesla's data show that the heavier 21" Uberturbine wheels can be as much as 14% less efficient than the lighter 19" Gemini wheels with the Gemini wheel covers. The efficiency difference between wheels increases as higher speeds. Many Performance Model Y owners who have switched from the OE 21" Uberturbine wheels to the 19" Gemini wheels report a 10% increase in efficiency.

Range loss with the different wheel options

So me and my buddy ordered our Model Y Performance Teslas but I was wondering if there is such thing as a Long Range Performance model Y. His says it’s a regular model y performance but mine says long range performance. It’s from the tesla app, is there such a thing as a long range performance model Y?View attachment 765843View attachment 765844
I haven't seen an answer to your question. I initially thought it was a MY LR with acceleration boost, but that is not what your screenshot shows. I have never seen how yours is set up.