Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance order weird delays

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

WaitButY

Aug 13, 2022
NJ
Hi All!

Would anyone happen to have any thoughts / advice?

I ordered a MYP w FSD on June 16th, with an original delivery estimate of ~August. The estimate has now slipped to Feb 2023 (!!) although new orders on the site are being quoted a Sept-Oct delivery.

When I placed my order (for US delivery), I got an email from a Tesla Japan associate (probably because I had done a test drive there like 5 years ago). I let them know that the order was for the US and they apologized for the mistake, but I'm worried my order somehow fell into the Japan queue (although at the time it was not even orderable in Japan).

Any idea of how to reach a human to confirm if my delivery date is correct? The app and website aren't much help once you fall out of their workflow unfortunately.

Thanks in advance!

D

1660448273851.png

I ordered a MYP W/w tow no FSD on 8/6 on that day it said August -October. ( I know it’s an estimate) then 2 days later jumped to Feb 27-April 30. Frustrating to see others order same and get vins fast. But whatever. I’m only ordering to check out Tesla and see if I like vehicle. Have 3 vehicles. Maybe they know I’m not desperate? :)

Hi All!

Would anyone happen to have any thoughts / advice?

I ordered a MYP w FSD on June 16th, with an original delivery estimate of ~August. The estimate has now slipped to Feb 2023 (!!) although new orders on the site are being quoted a Sept-Oct delivery.

When I placed my order (for US delivery), I got an email from a Tesla Japan associate (probably because I had done a test drive there like 5 years ago). I let them know that the order was for the US and they apologized for the mistake, but I'm worried my order somehow fell into the Japan queue (although at the time it was not even orderable in Japan).

Any idea of how to reach a human to confirm if my delivery date is correct? The app and website aren't much help once you fall out of their workflow unfortunately.

Thanks in advance!

D

View attachment 840729
That’s a real complete bummer but here is the number to call (888) 518-3752. You press option 1 for cars then option 2 I think for delivery but just listen to the prompts. When it asks you why you’re calling say, ordering problem and someone will come on within a few minutes. They will have access to all your information and be able to advise on what’s happening.

I ordered a MYP W/w tow no FSD on 8/6 on that day it said August -October. ( I know it’s an estimate) then 2 days later jumped to Feb 27-April 30. Frustrating to see others order same and get vins fast. But whatever. I’m only ordering to check out Tesla and see if I like vehicle. Have 3 vehicles. Maybe they know I’m not desperate? :)
I don't understand the goal then.. Why not just rent or test drive one.

Reactions: merc65fd