Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • The final cut of TMC Podcast #29 is available now with topics time-stamped. We discussed the Tesla Cybertruck's expected 1 MW Ultra-Fast Charging capability, the Tesla Semi Delivery Event, the coming Model 3 refresh (project "Highland"), and more. You can watch it now on YouTube.

Model Y Performance order weird delays

WaitButY

Aug 13, 2022
NJ
Hi All!

Would anyone happen to have any thoughts / advice?

I ordered a MYP w FSD on June 16th, with an original delivery estimate of ~August. The estimate has now slipped to Feb 2023 (!!) although new orders on the site are being quoted a Sept-Oct delivery.

When I placed my order (for US delivery), I got an email from a Tesla Japan associate (probably because I had done a test drive there like 5 years ago). I let them know that the order was for the US and they apologized for the mistake, but I'm worried my order somehow fell into the Japan queue (although at the time it was not even orderable in Japan).

Any idea of how to reach a human to confirm if my delivery date is correct? The app and website aren't much help once you fall out of their workflow unfortunately.

Thanks in advance!

D

1660448273851.png

I ordered a MYP W/w tow no FSD on 8/6 on that day it said August -October. ( I know it’s an estimate) then 2 days later jumped to Feb 27-April 30. Frustrating to see others order same and get vins fast. But whatever. I’m only ordering to check out Tesla and see if I like vehicle. Have 3 vehicles. Maybe they know I’m not desperate? :)

Hi All!

Would anyone happen to have any thoughts / advice?

I ordered a MYP w FSD on June 16th, with an original delivery estimate of ~August. The estimate has now slipped to Feb 2023 (!!) although new orders on the site are being quoted a Sept-Oct delivery.

When I placed my order (for US delivery), I got an email from a Tesla Japan associate (probably because I had done a test drive there like 5 years ago). I let them know that the order was for the US and they apologized for the mistake, but I'm worried my order somehow fell into the Japan queue (although at the time it was not even orderable in Japan).

Any idea of how to reach a human to confirm if my delivery date is correct? The app and website aren't much help once you fall out of their workflow unfortunately.

Thanks in advance!

D

View attachment 840729
That’s a real complete bummer but here is the number to call (888) 518-3752. You press option 1 for cars then option 2 I think for delivery but just listen to the prompts. When it asks you why you’re calling say, ordering problem and someone will come on within a few minutes. They will have access to all your information and be able to advise on what’s happening.

I ordered a MYP W/w tow no FSD on 8/6 on that day it said August -October. ( I know it’s an estimate) then 2 days later jumped to Feb 27-April 30. Frustrating to see others order same and get vins fast. But whatever. I’m only ordering to check out Tesla and see if I like vehicle. Have 3 vehicles. Maybe they know I’m not desperate? :)
I don't understand the goal then.. Why not just rent or test drive one.

Reactions: merc65fd

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC