Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance reservation (N. California)-- can I sell it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Model Y Performance (Midnight Silver Metallic, Black interior)on order, which has already been delayed twice and is supposed to be ready in April now. Does anyone know if I can sell or transfer the reservation at this point? Is that allowed? I ordered it in November of 2021, so it's $3k less than the current price. Thanks!

Let us know if you can successfully take over the reservation and actually take the delivery or banned from Tesla =)
I have done this before. You just call your advisor and change registration details. Once bought you can even move the car to your own account. No ban. It was done with the knowledge of Tesla. Not that this is a business but sometimes people don’t want to take delivery and don’t want to lose the order fee. I want another car and so looking for one. That’s it

I have done this before. You just call your advisor and change registration details. Once bought you can even move the car to your own account. No ban. It was done with the knowledge of Tesla. Not that this is a business but sometimes people don’t want to take delivery and don’t want to lose the order fee. I want another car and so looking for one. That’s it
How recent was it? Last week or within several weeks?

Reactions: samori01
I'm curious how long ago you did this? There have been a lot of changes more recently and there are people who have been banned by Tesla for doing something just like what you are proposing.